1997

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

*Flashback*

BERLIN, GERMANY

December 20, 1997

"Hurry up, Natalia, we have to go."

"Okay, Dad," I replied while struggling to tie my shoes.

"Here, let me help you, sweetheart," my mother said, kneeling down to tie my shoelaces.

"Okay, let's go," she said, patting my foot gently after finishing the task.

---

We arrived at a massive house where a man and two boys were waiting in front for us.

"Mr. Kaulitz, it's a pleasure meeting you again," my father said, eagerly shaking the man's hand.

"The same goes for you, Mr. and Mrs. Lucchese," the man replied, giving us a toothy grin.

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Kaulitz, but please call me Frances," my mother said, shaking the man's hand. "And this is our daughter, Natalia. We thought she might get along with your boys," my father added, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, hello Natalia. How old are you?" The man asked with a smile, leaning down to my level.

"SIX!" I said, holding up six fingers.

"No way! You're such a big girl, huh? These two are Nick and Alexander. They're eight, just a little older than you," he said, pointing to the identical boys.

"Hello," I greeted, waving at the boys and giving them a wide smile.

"Hello," the boys timidly replied in unison.

"Please come in; you must be cold," the man said, leading us into his large house. He took us to a room with a very large dining table in the center.

"Take a seat so we can start talking business," the man said, his tone becoming more serious.

"Alex and Nick, why don't you go play with Natalia while the grown-ups talk?" He suggested, placing his hand on one of the boys' shoulders.

"Let's go play outside!" Alexander exclaimed, jumping up and down on his toes.

"Yeah, come on Natalia," Nick said, taking my hand.

We all ran to the living room where the sliding glass doors led to the backyard.

"We have a trampoline!" Nick said, pulling me towards the snow-covered trampoline.

We all jumped in unison, causing the snow to fly off the trampoline. We giggled and threw snowballs at each other.

After jumping off the trampoline, we continued our snowball fight.

"Do you guys want to make a snowman?" I asked, poking holes into the ball of snow I had in my hand.

"Yeah! Nick, go get a carrot for the nose! Me and Natalia are going to start making the body!" Alexander said, beginning to form a pile of snow.

Nick came back with a carrot, and we all put the finishing touches on our snowman.

"Oh, what a nice snowman," my mother said, coming out the sliding glass door, followed by my dad and the boys' dad.

"We're almost done!" Nick said, patting more snow onto the side.

"Look over here, kids," the man said, holding up a camera.

"Cheese!" we all chimed in unison.