Just like your mother

"TOMMMI!"

I heard a girl yell behind me. I slowly turned my head to see who said that, when a slim Asian girl came running up to Tom and practically jumped into his arms. This made my blood boil.

I watched as Tom forcefully shoved her away. 'I told you not to come here! I warned you that if you showed up I would get rid of you' Tom said, gripping the back of her head tightly.

"Whoa, Tom, calm down," I said, my voice shaking as I watched his aggression intensify.

"Get in the car, Nat," Tom said coldly and dismissively.

The girl's attention shifted to me, and she demanded, "Who the fuck are you? Tom is mine!" In a sudden, chaotic lunge, she knocked me to the ground. My head collided with the hard pavement, everything around me seeming to slow down, and my vision turning red. I completely lost control.

"You...you..BITCH" I muttered, my anger boiling over as I grabbed her hair and started swinging at her head. Straddling her hips, I maintained a tight grip on her neck, relentlessly delivering punches to her now unrecognizable face.Tom tried to intervene, but my erratic movements accidentally hit him. Yet, I continued until the girl stopped fighting back, her face covered in blood and bruises.
As the girl ceased to fight back and lay motionless, I finally stopped. Looking at the horrific scene I'd created, I got up, and the world around me returned to normal. I glanced around at a crowd of people who had gathered, some cheering and recording the disturbing incident.

My breathing was ragged, and I felt on the verge of hyperventilation. I glanced down at my hands and bloodstained clothes, an eerie silence engulfing the scene. Then, my gaze shifted to Tom, who has a bloody nose. I had indeed hit him during the chaos.

Bill, Georg, and Gustav were all wearing proud smiles, but how could they be proud of this?

My attention returned to the girl on the ground, her grunts and painful sways unsettling. Tom's voice cut through the stillness, "Come on, Nat." He gripped my arm, and I followed him wordlessly to the car, my eyes never leaving the injured girl on the ground. Bill's actions caught my eye as he picked her up and placed her in the trunk of his car, leaving me in shock.

"Tom, who the fuck is she?" I asked, my anger clear in my voice.

"She's Yumi, she was my 'bumper,' my 'pet,'" he replied, starting the car.

"What the fuck does that mean?" I questioned, a mix of anticipation and anger in my voice.

"It's a girl who keeps me company when I drive, like a good luck charm. She means nothing to me. This bitch took the role too seriously," he said dismissively as he accelerated out of the parking garage, narrowly avoiding a couple of people who had to jump out of the way to avoid getting hit.

"What are you going to do with her?" I inquired, worry in my voice.

"I'll make sure she never bothers us again," he replied coldly.

"Tom, please don't do what I think that means, please," I pleaded, placing my hand on top of his. He pulled it away and turned up the music to shut down the conversation. I didn't press further, not wanting to be the next target of his anger.

He drove quickly and dangerously, constantly cutting in front of other cars. I just shut my eyes tightly and hoped we would get to our destination safely.

"Get out," he said abruptly. I opened my eyes, realizing we were just a couple of blocks away from my house. Without saying a word, I quickly opened the car door and got out.

——

My dad isn't home again, and at this point, I'm not surprised. I walked into my room and took a deep breath before I headed over to my closet, slowly removing my bloodied clothes. I won't lie; the sensation of my fist colliding with her face felt strangely satisfying. Having power over someone else felt intoxicating; it was liberating to finally release all the pent-up anger that had been building up over the past few days.
This reminds me that I need to stay on track. My father ordering the autopsies of that night is a problem, and I can't afford to mess up anything. I have to bring down his business before he finds out. That's what he cares about the most—money, drugs, and power. So, I have to damage his reputation before anything else.