Much easier

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

                     **Natalia's POV**

November 22, 2010

"... and that's everything.."  Bill says sitting back into his seat.

In that moment, I experienced a profound sensation of time stretching out, each passing second feeling like an eternity. Bill's words weighed heavily on my heart as he revealed the painful truth: my father was responsible for the tragedy that had taken my mother from me and had shattered my childhood friendships. A deep sense of grief and betrayal washed over me, leaving me stunned and emotionally overwhelmed.

"What...?" was all I was able to let out. I felt like my heart was about to rip out of my chest.

"You're lying..." I knew they had no reason to lie to me anymore, but I couldn't fathom this being the truth.

"It's the truth, Nat," Tom said.

"YOU'RE FUCKING LYING!" I exclaimed in disbelief and heartache.

"I didn't want to do this, Nat," Bill said, turning around in his swivel chair to a file cabinet behind him. He pulled out a file and slid it over to me.

"If you want to see for yourself," he said.

I looked at him with a scrunched face and grabbed the file in front of me, opening it up to reveal the contents.

"OFFICE OF THE MEDICAL EXAMINER DISTRICT NINE.

DATE/TIME OF AUTOPSY: JUNE 18, 2000 @ 8:30 A.M.

NAME: FRANCESCA MORELLI-LUCCHESE

DOB: JANUARY 5, 1965

AGE:35

RACE:WHITE

SEX:FEMALE

CASE NUMBER: ME 2000-0036890

MANNER OF DEATH: HOMICIDE

IDENTIFIED BY: ODONTOLOGY

DATE FOUND: 06/16/2000

AUTOPSY FINDINGS:

I. Victim was found with burns covering over 100% of the body.

II. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the RIGHT temple before sustaining burns.

III. All evidence was lost in the fire.

AUTOPSY PERFORMED BY: JOSHUA L. JETTINGS"

Tears began to well up in my eyes as I read everything that was put in front of me. Every signature looked authentic, from the medical examiners to the first responders and police reports.

I set the papers down, the weight of the information crushing me. My vision blurs as anger surges through my veins, a searing fire within me that threatens to consume all reason. My heart races, pounding like a relentless drum at 100 mph, and all I can see is red, the world distorted by the indescribable rage that engulfs me.

Without hesitation, I shot out of my chair, flung open the office door, and thundered downstairs. Tom's car keys lay tauntingly on the kitchen island. I snatched them up and headed for the front door.

"Natalia, what are you doing?!" Bill's voice echoes as he rushes down the steps, desperately trying to catch up.

"I'm going to fucking kill him," I mutter through gritted teeth, the words barely audible to my own ears, my sole focus on the mission ahead.

Tom blocked my path, his grip firm on my wrist, his eyes locking onto mine. "Natalia, what are you doing?" he demanded, unyielding.

Get out my way." I growled, trying to maintain a semblance of composure. But composure was a distant memory. "MOVE, DAMN IT! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL HIM" I bellowed, the anger uncontainable.

"Stop, Nat!" Tom's voice pleaded as he struggled to pull me back into the house, but I resisted with all my might. "GET OFF ME!" I screamed, unleashing my pent-up anger, throwing punches at Tom. He stumbled backward, desperately trying to shield himself from my blows.

"How could you keep this from me?!" I sobbed, my punches growing weaker with each swing. "WHY?!" My voice cracked, and I crumpled to the floor, consumed by thoughts of my mother's final moments and the suffering she endured with my father.

"Shhh, I'm sorry, Nat," Tom murmured, sinking down to both knees to offer comfort. I didn't resist, wrapping my arms around him, my screams and sobs finding solace in his chest.

------

I couldn't tell how much time had passed, but eventually, my tears ran dry. Tom and Bill had managed to calm me down enough to lead me back inside. Since then, I lay in Tom's bed, reevaluating my world and grasping at fading memories of my mother.

I reminisced about how she used to meticulously plan those grand birthday parties, each one perfectly tailored to my current interests. Then came my first birthday without her, a day when my father was away on a distant "business" trip. I stayed home with the nanny, and it just didn't have that same magic. It's a memory that tugs at my heart, a constant reminder of how much I miss her. She would wake me up with breakfast every morning, shielding me from the storm of violent arguments with my dad, always managing to conceal her own pain so I could feel a semblance of security. Those days are just a bittersweet nostalgia that still lingers in my heart.

I'm going to make him pay. I'm going to make him pay for taking my mother's life. I'm going to make him pay for subjecting me to this heartache and neglect throughout my entire childhood. I'm going to make him pay for every ounce of pain he inflicted on those two boys.

——

                        **Tom's POV**

"I warned you, it was a terrible move to
tell her ," I say, taking a drag from my cigarette, my eyes locked on the starry sky.

"You're the one who left those fucking pictures out," Bill fires back, his tone tense.

"I never thought she'd dig through my shit" I admit, my grip on the cigarette tightening.

"Do you think this will ruin our—" Bill's question is cut short as she speaks from behind us.

"How are we going to bring that bastard down?" she demands. Bill and I exchange a meaningful glance, wearing matching, sinister grins.

This is going to be so much easier.