The odd questions

Start from the beginning

Right, the Head Hunter could get the key after killing her. Serial killers tend to do their research before killing and the Head Hunter has a type. So far he's killed young girls who had single mothers. And all the girls were trying their best to work and look after their mothers too.

...

Wait

But Rameen's case is a little different, isn't it? Yes, Chris is a single mother as well, but-

"So you're telling me you didn't notice any signs of forced entry? Or any blood?" Harou asked.

She shook her head, "No," She was confident.

"Mind if I look around?"

"Go ahead," She replied.

He nodded, "Before that," He pointed at the Urn, "Is this Rameen's Urn?"

"Yes,"

"I thought the color was lighter." He didn't look back at the Urn but kept his eyes on the mother.

Matthew walked up to it and smelled it, "Did you polish it?" He finally spoke.

Chris nodded.

"Oh well," Harou began to walk, "Can you tell me where your bedroom is?"

Chris pointed at the door at the left of the stairs, "That's mine," She said, "Rameen's room was upstairs."

"Come on then," Harou gestured to me, "It's best if we look around together."

Why me?

Why does he want me to tag along??

***

"Nothing of importance," I replied, "Every place looks fine," I didn't even know what I was looking for. We went through Chris's room, the kitchen, the lounge, the patio. After that, we went to Rameen's room.

Every place looked normal. I walked around the pastel-yellow-themed room when something caught my eye on the study desk.

"Oh," I noticed a lens box, "Did Rameen ever use lenses?"

Matthew came over, "There were a lot of things that kid did," He took the box from me to examine it, "Many things that she didn't speak about."

My heart squeezed.

If she didn't die that day, she was wanting to talk to me about something. She looked disturbed. I wonder what burden she had in her heart that she wanted to talk about it with someone she had just met.

Harou noticed the lens, "What color?"

"Black," I replied.

He nodded and looked around. Chris had gone to get some water for the detective since he asked for it, "Your mother is in the hospital, isn't she?" Harou asked me and I was surprised he knew but I was more surprised that he mentioned that out of nowhere.

"Ah, yes," I answered, "How'd you know?"

"Matthew mentioned it," He replied but I felt like he was lying.

"Your mom is sick?" Chris turned her face towards us as she entered the room with the glass of water.

"Thanks," Harou helped himself and took the glass.

I nodded, "Yeah,"

"I heard you're trying to support her while trying to support your education." The detective sipped his drink.

"I am..." I looked away.

"Having trouble?" Chris asked softly.

"Well," I didn't want to talk about it, "It's definitely not easy..." Why is the detective suddenly bringing that up? I rolled my eyes and glanced at Matthew. He was glaring at the detective.

"Clio," But Harou paid no attention to my boss.

"Yes?"

"Did you know, you're the only person who saw the killer and is still alive?"

!!!

"What?" I was definitely caught off guard with that question.

"Lily from the convenience store from City D, you reported that to the police, right?"

"Yes...." I had an odd feeling about this.

"You gave a description of the killer too."

"I didn't..." I replied, "I just told them there was a murder that happened near the convenience store."

"Why are you bringing that up?" Matthew glared at the detective.

"No reason," Harou shook his head, "I want to question you again, in the police station this time,"

"Why?" I began to panic.

"Because I need you to give me an accurate description of all you saw that night." He replied, "Stuff like this needs to be recorded properly."

"Do I have to?" I felt something very ominous at that moment. It was like I was being sent to my doom or something.

"Yes, you're a girl too, wouldn't you want other young women your age to be safe-" He paused, "Oops,"

My heart dropped. He spilled my secret in front of Chris and Chris's eyes went wide. She shot her head in my direction, her gaze carrying disbelief.

But before anyone could say anything.

A loud bang reverberated in the room.

My eyes went wide when Matthew grabbed Harou's head and smashed it in the mirror he was standing near.