Chapter 15

~ ~ Chris ~ ~

~ ~ Chris ~ ~

Standing with my arms folded across my chest, I watched.

Beth took her next shot and jerked upright. "Yessss!" followed by a victory wiggle of her hips.

I wasn't interested in her sinking another ball. My mind was all over the curve of her waist that was perfect for grabbing hold of.

And with the alcohol and little Chris ganging up on me, I didn't even try and fend off the x-rated thoughts taking centre stage.

I breathed heavily through my nose and Beth reached for her beer pressing the Bud-light bottle to her lips.

It had me wishing I was that beer.

She downed a hearty mouthful, swiped her tongue across her lips whilst she examined her options, and then setting the bottle down on the corner of the pool table, she bent over readying to take her next shot, and as she looked up, our eyes locked.

It was addictive having her attention on me.

Scraping my teeth over my bottom lip."If you keep staring at me, then you're gonna miss the shot."

One eyebrow rose. "We wouldn't want to ruin my winning streak, now do we?" Her twinkling eyes dropped and a little frown knitted her brows together as she concentrated on her shot. A lock of her dark hair—a wild, wavy tangle—fell forward over her shoulder, kissing the green felt. My gaze dropped to the press of her breasts against the constraint of her fitted dress and that enticing little v that formed her cleavage.

I was a sucker for that v and it made my jeans even tighter.

My attention shifted back to her mouth, and in seconds I remembered the feel of her kisses, and a rush of heat coated my skin.

The whack of a ball dragged my eyes back to the action. I watched as the white ploughed into the four, which smacked into the three, which sailed with a resounding thunk into the pocket.

I almost groaned out loud this time

A woman who turned beer drinking into an erotic spectator sport and had a cleavage that inspired sin and knew how to shoot a combo.

Who could resist?

Not me. Not any longer.

The line I'd spent days, weeks, staring at was hardly visible now.

Beth's giggle caught my attention. "Oops!" she hissed through her teeth. "Not looking good for you."

Me, losing the third game on the run was looking likely. Meh, I wasn't even the slightest bit sore about that fact.

Truthfully, I was having the most fun in... since, well, I could remember. "It looks like I'm not gonna get a shot in soon, so I'm gonna stand over there, admire the view and drink my beer."