Chapter 19

| October 27th | Wednesday |

Today is the dinner at Samantha's house and I'm so fucking nervous! I haven't seen Sam since Saturday and it's driving me crazy! I just want her back in my arms again!

Another reason why I'm nervous or well scared..is because I'll be seeing Aiden and he knows what's going on between me and his sister. I know Sam told me that he seems okay with this but I'm still scared.

Since I didn't really know what's appropriate to wear at a dinner with your maybe soon to be girlfriends family I ended up with a black button up and beige cargo pants.

Sam told me this dinner is not for them to see if I'm actually a good candidate for them to date their daughter but just so them, mostly her dad, can get to know me more

Sam told me this dinner is not for them to see if I'm actually a good candidate for them to date their daughter but just so them, mostly her dad, can get to know me more. That's still nerve wrecking but not that much as the other thing.

When Samantha called me on FaceTime last Saturday to tell me about this we also talked about whatever this is between us right now. We both decided to not rush things and just do this by our own pace. We also haven't labeled us yet, since we're still in the dating stage, I guess. I mean..we're still getting to know each other. And when the time comes I want to ask her to be my girlfriend in a special, romantic way, because she deserves that. But it's still too early for that. I mean..we just started hanging out three weeks ago and it's still early days. Not to mention that I'm probably further with my feelings than she is. And after what she told me about her last relationship I don't want her to feel like she's getting pressured to anything.

When heart is racing as I walk up to the front door. I take a deep breath and then ring the doorbell. A few seconds later the door opens and I'm face to face with Mrs. White, who's wearing a white blouse and jeans. "Hello, honey. Nice to see you again. Please come in." She greets me with a smile and then steps away, so I can walk inside. "Nice to see you again too. Where's Sam?" I ask but right then we hear a door open upstairs.

I quickly turn my head to look up the stairs, to find Samantha walk downstairs, wearing a black dress that fits her body just perfectly.

My eyes widen when I see her and my jaw drops open

My eyes widen when I see her and my jaw drops open. She chuckles at my reaction. "You-You look-wow." I breathe out, not being able to stop stuttering. God, why am I so nervous? "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." She replies with a small grin, making me blush deeply. Samantha lifts her hands up and gently places them on my arms, slowly moving her hands down to my hands.

"I really want to kiss you.." I mutter shyly, which makes her smile widely. "Then kiss me." She whispers back, already leaning up to my face. Since she's wearing heels she's nearly as tall as me. I just smile at her before leaning down to softly kiss her. As soon as our lips touch my heart melts and I can't help but slightly sigh against her lips. She kisses me another one or two times before slowly leaning back.

"Oh, young love." We hear Mrs. White comment and we both turn red at that. "Hey." My heart skips a beat when I hear Aiden's voice. I quickly turn to look at him. "Um..hey.." I mutter quietly. He doesn't look happy for angry. There's no emotion. "Oh don't tell me I'm the last one." Mr. White groan as he walks over to us, making us chuckle. So we all sit down at the dinner table.

"We ordered sushi, I hope that's okay." Mrs. White says with a smile, on which I immediately turn to look at Sam, who's sitting next to me, on my left. "You really love sushi, don't you?" I tease her with a chuckle but she just smiles at me sheepishly. "You know me so well." She jokes and now we're both laughing.

*****

We've been eating dinner for a few minutes now and so far it's going pretty good.

"So..Luz, Samantha told us you're Puerto Rican." Mr. White speaks up and I nod at that, quickly chewing down my food. "You must have a pretty big family then, huh?" He asks and I chuckle while nodding. "Oh yeah. But most of them still live in Puerto Rico. Pretty much the only family I have here is my dad, my stepmom and my half brother." I answer with a smile, which he returns.

But then he frowns. "Wait..what's your father's name?" Mr. White asks curiously, catching me a little off guard. "Uhm..Pablo Garcia, why?" I ask a little confused. "I knew I've heard your last name before. He's a police sergeant, isn't he?" He says and I nod, still a little confused. "We worked together on a case a few months ago."he explains and my eyes widen at that. "Oh was that the case with that one drug dealer?" I ask curiously and he nods at that.

"Do you want to be a cop too?" Mr. White asks while raising his eyebrow at me before eating another sushi. I shrug. "I don't know, I'm not quite sure yet." I answer with a small shrug. On that I feel Samantha's hand on my thigh and she leans over to whisper something in my ear, "I like woman in uniforms." I instantly turn red at her words, which makes her chuckle. "Hey hey, no whispering!" Mr. White whines jokingly and we both laugh at that.

"Can I ask you something, Luz?" Aiden suddenly asks, so I look over to him.