Chapter 17

| October 23rd | Saturday |

I woke up because of the sun shining through the curtains. I slowly turn to Samantha, only to find out she's not there. I quickly sit up and look for her, but she's nowhere to be found. Did I just..dream all what happened yesterday?

But then the door opens, making my head spin to it. In walks Samantha, with two cups of coffee. "Where have you been? I got so worried!" I whine while getting up from the bed and walking over to her. She chuckles as she puts the coffee down on my nightstand. "I made coffee. Your dad showed me how your coffee machine works." Sam answers with a small shrug. I pout. "I thought you were gone and it was just a dream." I mumble and sit back down on my bed.

She smiles at that and walks over to me. When she's in front of me she brings her hands into my hair, brushing thought it. "I'm not going anywhere." Samantha tells me softly before leaning down to kiss my cheek. "But I have to go back home soon." She adds, which makes me groan and her laugh. I glance at my phone, it's 11am. "Now drink your coffee and be quiet." She tells me before handing me my coffee and then sitting down next to me on my bed.

"So..you and my dad get along?" I ask curiously and she snorts at that. "I guess so, yeah. But I think he's still a little skeptical because of Aiden." Samantha answers before laying her head on my shoulder. "Do you want breakfast?" I ask as I kiss her head and she hums in response. "Okay. I'll quickly get ready in the bathroom and then I'll make you some food."

*****

When we make our way downstairs Lucia and dad are already sitting at the dinner table, eating breakfast. "Oh hey, finally up too, huh?" Dad says to me with a chuckle, making Sam laugh and me groan. "Yeah yeah." I mumble as I sit down at the table, grabbing the cereal and pouring some into my bowl. "Slept well?" Lucia asks with a small smirk, nodding over to Samantha. I can't help but get flustered at that. I just nod before stuffing my face with cereal, so I don't have to answer.

Sam chuckles at my reaction and then sits down on the chair next to me. "Well I can speak for myself that I slept well." She answers with a smile. But then I feel her put her hand on thigh, moving her hand slowly to my inner thigh. Since I'm still wearing my shorts she has her fingers over my naked skin. I nearly choke on my cereal at that and start to cough. "Everything okay?" Dad asks with a frown and I just nod quickly.

But then suddenly a phone rings. "Oh- I have to take this." Samantha says before excusing herself and getting up from the chair, walking a little away. "So..you two looked very cosy yesterday." Dad says with a grin, which makes me turn red as I look away from Sam and back to them. I suck on my lower lip to stop myself from smiling like an idiot, which..doesn't really work. Before I could say anything to them Sam comes back.

"I'm really sorry but I have to go home." She tells us, on which I get up. "Everything okay?" I ask worriedly, gently placing my right hand on her arm. She shrugs at that. "I'm not sure. My mom just told me to come home immediately." Samantha answers with a small sigh. "Okay, I'll walk you to the door." I tell her and she smiles at that. So after saying goodbye to my parents we make our way to the door.

"What about my clothes?" Sam asks after she put on her shoes and coat. "I can bring them by on Halloween?" I suggest with a small shrug. "Okay." She replies and I then open the door for her. "What about your clothes?" She asks while turning around to face me. I just smile softly. "Keep them." I tell her, which makes her blush shyly. "I'll call you when I'm home and know more." Samantha tells me before leaning in the hug me gently.

I instantly wrap my arms around her lower back and hug her back, tightly. But sadly she pulls away after a few seconds. "Bye." She mumbles before leaning up and softly kissing my lips. My heart flutters at that. Samantha pulls away again and our eyes meet. I can't hide a big smile. "Bye." And with that she's goes to her car and drives away.

I sigh softly before closing the door and going back inside. "Where's Samantha?" Xavier asks curiously as he walks into the living room. "She just left." I answer before flopping down on the couch, face front. I groan while burying my face into a pillow. "Missing her already?" I hear dad tease me, which makes the others chuckle and me only groan more. "Yeah!" I whine as I turn around on my back. "Well you're seeing her again on Halloween." Xavier says and then I feel the couch dip next to me.

I sit up at that. "How do you know I'll be at Samantha's on Halloween?" I ask curiously, raising my eyebrow at him. "She told me yesterday." He answers with a causal shrug. "Are you two in love?" Xavier asks, on which I turn red. "Well..I don't know exactly how she feels about me but-" "You're in love." He cuts me off and I nod with a shy smile. "She definitely feels the same." Dad suddenly says, which makes me look over my shoulder to him.

"What makes you think that?" I ask him curiously, raising my eyebrows at him. "The way she talks about you and looks at you just makes it obvious." He answers with a smile. "Also we saw you two kiss." Lucia adds, grinning at me, making me blush. "You two kissed?!" Xavier exclaims shocked and I laugh at his reaction. "Yep. Can't believe she's into me too." I say while patting his shoulder, grinning widely.

"How long have you been..like this?" Xavier asks excitedly with a wide smile. "Well um..we first kissed yesterday night. But I think we had this..tension for a few weeks now." I answer and then lean back against the couch, staring up at the ceiling. "I can't believe she likes me.." I mutter to myself. "I can't believe how she started to like you in like- three weeks! How did you manage to pull that off?" Xavier asks shocked. We both know how popular Samantha is in school and how many guys already got rejected by her and wished to get a chance with her.

"I don't know either! I can't describe it, we just click. From the first time we talked we just got along so well. And I guess a mutual attraction was there for some time now." I answer with a shrug, not being able to stop that smile from appearing when I talk about her.