Chapter 3

| Octoberm 1st | Wednesday |

It's been a little over three weeks since school started and damn, it's way more difficult than I thought. Math is already killing me! I definitely need a tutor. Since that one PE class Samantha and I even talked here and there. Mostly just for a few minutes but hey, it's a progress!

But now I'm currently in my last class, which is art AP, the only subject, besides English, where I'm really good at. Since Ben isn't in this class I'm sitting alone, which really sucks because art is the only class you can talk all the time.

"Can I please get your attention!" Our teacher, Mrs. Dean calls out, which makes us all look at her. I love Mrs. Dean! She's always so nice and helpful, which is pretty rare in teachers. "As you all probably already know,  in the beginning of the senior year in art class we'll do a partner project." She announces and the class starts to get chatty at that, probably already looking for a partner. "Because this will be your first grade I already chose the groups." Mrs. Dean speaks up, making most of them groan.

My heart skips a beat at that and starts to pound like crazy as she reads out the groups. "And the last group. Luz and Samantha." My eyes widen as the room goes quiet. I slowly look over my shoulder to look at Samantha, who doesn't even glance at me. So I just turn back around. Mrs. Dean then starts to explain what the project is about.

We have to build a house with different rooms. Every room has to look diverse and unique. We can use any material we want for it. For a better grade we can add things, like a garden or something like that. We have two months for that. Great, I already know I'm going to do that all by myself.

"So for the rest of the lesson, get into your teams and start to make a plan for the project." Mrs. Dean tells us, on which everyone gets up and goes into their pair. So I slowly get up and walk over to Samantha, who's leaned back on her chair, with her phone in her lap. When she notices me she lifts her head. "You're my partner?" She says surprised, which makes me snort as I sit down next to her. "Yep." I shrug as I lean back in the chair as well, crossing my arms.

"Well how do you want to do this?" Samantha asks curiously while putting her phone away. I shrug again. "We could meet after school? Or if you don't want to after school we can meet on weekends?" I suggest and she nods slowly. You're probably wondering how I'm not nervous or shy about talking with her or possibly hanging out. Well..I don't really know her. I just think she's super pretty and she's obviously my type. Of course I'm a little nervous but not enough to act all weird and shy.

"I suppose we can do both. I have cheer practice on Friday until 4pm. You could pick me up after that and we could go to my place to do the project." Samantha says, which makes me gulp. At her place? Okay, now I'm a little nervous. "You sure your brother is okay with me coming over?" I ask while raising my eyebrow, slightly joking. Samantha snorts at that.

"I guess that's his problem. He can't tell me what to do." She answers simply, giving me a small smirk. I chuckle. "That's a good attitude." The bell then rings and Mrs. Dean dismisses us. So I get up from the chair and walk back to my desk to grab my backpack. "So..I'll see you on Friday?" I suddenly hear Samantha say, making my heart skip a beat. I quickly look up at her. "Yeah." I reply and she gives me a nod before leaving.

Holy shit. I have to tell Ben and Lauren about this!