Chapter 18

Samantha's Pov:

I arrive at home ten minutes after I left at Luz's place. Already when I open the front door I can hear yelling. "What's going on?" I ask with a frown, as I put the car key on the little table next to the door. "Where have you been?" Aiden asks me angrily while rushing towards me. "Can someone please first tell me what's going on? Why is everyone yelling?" I ask while crossing my arms. My mom walks over to me at that. "Aiden is claiming that Luz is dangerous and just uses you to gain popularity." Mom tells me and I can't help but snort at that.

I turn to Aiden. "You're seriously saying Luz is the dangerous one? You have been bullying and beating her since sophomore year! I don't know what she did to you but that's not an excuse to hurt her! And now lying to our parents about her is just embarrassing!" I tell him sternly, walking closer to him as he backs up. "What did she ever do to you?!" I ask again, getting louder this time.

"Ivana liked her!" Aiden yells back, making me shut up immediately. Ivana is his girlfriend. They've been dating for a little over a year now. "And that's why you hate her so much? It's not her fault!" I say to him but he just scoffs while looking away from me. "There's no way she likes Ivana. Or ever did." I add, this time speaking softer and calmer.

"How do you know that?!" Aiden asks angrily, calmer than before but not as loud as before. "Because she likes me!" I tell him and his eyes widen at that. And so do my parents. Aiden opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off before he can speak up. "And before all of you say something; she's nothing like Zach." I start as I raise my hand up to make them not interrupt me.

"I know deep down you're all just worried but Luz is so sweet and kind and caring. With her I feel so..safe and understood." I explain, not being to able to stop myself from smiling a little. "I told her about Zach yesterday." I say, my voice slightly breaking. The three of them look at me shocked. "Are you okay?" Dad asks worriedly and I nod quickly. "Yeah." I breathe out. I can't stop tears from filling my eyes.

"How did Luz react?" Aiden asks curiously, crossing his arms. I turn to face him. "I think she did the best someone could in a situation like this. She was there for me, hugged me, making sure I was okay." I answer with a small smile. "She even told me she can understand you better now. She understands that it's hard for you to trust someone around me now. But I swear to you, Luz would never hurt me." I tell Aiden softly, his eyes slowly widen at that.

Then he puts his right hand over his face before we can hear him softly sob. "I'm so sorry. I should've been there for you after Zach but all I did was being mad at everyone." He cries out. I immediately walk over to him and hug him tightly. "It's okay. I didn't even once think about how all of that made you feel." I tell him but he shakes his head immediately. "That's not your job. You were the victim, not me. I should've been more there for you. Everything he did- I don't even want to imagine it." Aiden responds, his voice breaking at the end.

We then feel mom and dad wrap their arms around us, turning this into a group hug. The group hug lasts a few more seconds until we all pull away. "So..did you two already have your first kiss?" Mom asks with a curious grin, making me blush before nodding shyly. "Spill, now." She tells me white pulling me with her to sit down on the couch. I can't help but chuckle at her reaction. "Okay, um..it was just after I told her about Zach. We were in bed and she asked me if I was still okay with everything after what I just told her." I start to tell her and mom stars to smile widely at that.

"So she made sure she had your consent?" Aiden asks, which makes me look over to him. I nod immediately. "She's always so careful and sweet. She would never do anything without my consent, trust me." I tell him and he gives me a small smile and nod before going to his room. "How was the kiss?" I hear mom ask me, so I turn back to her. I immediately start to smile widely at that. "It was amazing. Everything felt so right and perfect." I answer happily and mom starts to smile at that.

I catch dad smile too. I've never seen him once smile at one thing about Zach. "Would you like to invite her to dinner next week? I'd love to get to know her more. And maybe her and Aiden can sort this thing between them out." Dad suggests with a small smile, making me smile as well. "Sure, I'll call her in a few minutes anyway."