Chapter 10

| October 23rd | Friday |

Today is the last day of school before fall break, which is one week long. Class is over now and I'm on my way to my bike to go home until I pick Samantha up again.

"So..Samantha White seriously invited us to her Halloween party?" Ben asks shocked and I nod. "Yeah." I answer causally, with a small shrug. "Speaking of the devil." Lauren comments while nodding over somewhere. I turn around to find Samantha walking towards us. "Hey." I greet her with a smile. She starts to smile widely at that. "Hi." She replies while putting her hands into the pocket of her hoodie. "What's up?" I ask while crossing my arms, smirking down at her.

Samantha glances at Ben and Lauren for a second and then back up to me. "So..practice got cancelled, so we could go to my place right now?" She says and I nod. "Sure." I respond with a smile and then open the seat of my motorcycle to put in my bag. Then I turn around and gently take Samantha's bag out of her hands and put it in there too before closing it again. After that I hand her the white helmet again.

"Ready to go?" I ask her and she nods with a smile. Then I look back at Ben and Lauren. "Is it okay if-" "Of course." Ben cuts me off with a smile, Lauren nodding in approval. I smile at that. "Okay, um..see you guys." I say before hugging them goodbye. Then I get on my bike and hold out my hand for Samantha. Without hesitating like the last time she takes my hand and I help her up on my bike.

I give my friends a small smirk but when I see their shocked faces I can't help but chuckle. Then I just put on my helmet and my visor down before driving to Samantha's place.

*****

Samantha and I have been working on the project for a while now and it's actually going pretty well. We did a lot in two hours. It's currently 4pm and we're now taking a little break again.

"Just so you know, Aiden is hanging out with friends, so he won't bother you again." Samantha tells me as she flops down on the couch next to me. I can't help but chuckle at that. "That's good." I reply and she chuckles too as she turns her whole body to face me. "So..my mom and I felt really bad after last week, so we wanted to ask you if you want to go with us to the mall next week?" Samantha asks with a sweet smile, gently laying her head against the back of the couch.

That look makes my heart melt. "I'd love to." I answer softly, leaning my head against the back of the couch as well, turning my head to look at her. She starts to smile at that widely and bites her lip. God, why do I want to kiss her so bad right now? As much as I want to, I can't.

"When are you parents coming?" I ask curiously, wiggling my eyebrows as I smirk at her. Right then we hear the door open. "Now." Samantha says with an excited grin before getting up from the couch. I look over to the front door to find Samantha's parents walk in. They greet her daughter and then make their way inside the living room, where I am.

"Oh hello, Luz. Nice to see you again." Mrs. White greets me with a smirk and then pulls me into a hug? Okay, this is new? But I eventually hug her back a little. "I haven't seen you before." Samantha's father says as he walks over to me.

I know him, he's like- the riches guy in the state! I didn't know he's the same Mr

I know him, he's like- the riches guy in the state! I didn't know he's the same Mr. White as Samantha's dad?!

"Um..yes, I'm Luz. It's nice to meet you, sir." I answer confidently as I hold my hand out for him. Mr. White takes my hand and shakes it. Then he raises his eyebrow at me and then at Samantha before giving me a crooked smile. "I like this one." He says, which makes both his wife and Samantha chuckle. I just smile at him nervously. "Yeah, me too." I hear Samatha add, on which I look over my shoulder to her. She has her arms crossed and smiles at me.

"Is that your bike outside?" Mr. White asks me and I nod, slightly nervously. "It's a sweet ride. Had one of those when I was your age." He says with a smile, which I return. "I'll see you later." Mr. White says and gives his wife a kiss on the cheek before leaving to go to another room.

So Samantha and I go back to work as her mom disappears in the kitchen.