Chapter 7

| October 6th | Monday |

The weekend passed quicker than I expected. Ben, Lauren and I hung out the whole time. We went to the movies and played video games.

I just arrived at school and while I'm excited to maybe see Samantha again. I'm definitely not excited to see her brother. I bet Aiden is still mad at me.

Like every Monday my day starts with PE. When I go inside the change room the room is full, almost everyone is already here. But no sight of Samantha..

So I put my backpack on the bench and start to change. "Hey, dude." Lauren says, which makes me look up after I took off my shirt. We do our little handshake as I greet her back. "I'm so not excited to workout again!" She groans while sitting down on the bench. I chuckle at that. "Maybe it won't be this exhausting today." I tell her with a smile before changing my jeans into the gym shorts.

On that she glares at me. "I think we have a different view on what's exhausting and what's not. You love to work out, I'd pass out after a few minutes." Lauren comments while raising her eyebrows at me, making me snort. "Yeah okay, that's true. But you don't know, maybe it'll be okay." I reply with a small smile. Lauren rolls her eyes at that but smiles. "Yeah, maybe."

But then her eyes wander off me and to something behind me. Or more like someone. I frown at her but as soon as I hear the persons voice it fades. "Hey." My eyes widen when I hear Samantha's voice. I almost instantly turn around to look at her. "Hi." I answer with a small smile, trying not to sound super nervous. "You..uh..forgot this at my place." She then hands me my second helmet, the white one she was wearing.

"Oh shoot, thanks." I reply as I hold the helmet in my hands. "And I'm really sorry about Aiden. What he did was really not okay and we made that clear to him." Samantha says with an apologetic face. My face softens at that. "It's okay, really. Nothing I haven't gotten used to." I reassure her while putting the helmet down on the bench, but I don't think it made her feel better. "But is Aiden okay? From how you said that it sounds like you guys killed him or something like that." I joke, which makes her chuckle.

"We didn't!" She laughs while punching me in the shoulder. But then she just gives me a look, raising her eyebrows at me and grinning at me before leaving to go back to her friends. Her face definitely looked like she's saying 'or maybe we did?' with her eyes, making me snort.

Some of the girls stared at us confused, probably wondering why someone like Samantha would ever talk to me, but didn't do nor say anything.

"So..what was all that about? Are you guys friends now?" Lauren asks curiously, raising her eyebrow at me. I shrug while putting on my gym shirt. "I guess? Turns out we actually get along pretty well." I answer as everyone starts to leave the change and go into the gym. Now it's just be and Lauren left behind. "Don't fall in love with her." She tells me, which makes me laugh. "You know I can't really control that." I respond with a small snort.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." Lauren mumbles, making me smile. "I know."