81. The Rannchhod Way

The penumbra of her underneath the burning sun was komorebi to him, the Dvaraka princess famed to be fashioned of illusion and an exact image of her brother who was perpetually notorious in his ways. To Arjuna, the vista of her tightly clasping the halter ropes of the five majestic albino horses of Krishna's chariot mirrored Durga on her lofty lion of majestic tan mane and he wondered what was this enigma of ‘the Rannchhod way’ she spoke of so fondly.

This episode of his life was called - Krishna, Krisha and this plan the latter had pranced out of, without anyone's notice.

Subhadra was a charm. She could placate the most violent of his storms while Draupadi was the personification of blue lotuses, the epitome of purity, the deference of her husbands and the prime dawn of his nuptial life. Now as he gazed at the maiden he was so enamored by, he wondered how union with the other one would be for he had vacated her when she had not even spent an evening with him. The archer and the purity of the yagyakunda both stood on the verge of unspoken complaints and misinterpretations, but the almighty and the fyrgebraece of the austerities knew Shakra and Sachi were mindful of each other's sentiments inside out. Everything needs time, and patience.

"I will convince Jiji, she's a pulchritudinous lotus as Bhabhishree says and I am sure neither of us will be the recipient of her fury," Krishnaanujaa chirped in between his musings as Partha gave her a dilemmatic smile.

"Indeed, but I'm deserving."

"I know you are."

"Wha—" He was crestfallen, for he could see how Subhadra had already sided with her co-wife and had let him go. God, how did his ladies always manage to find a way to his heart every moment? "You shall be spending the night with her. You have indeed easily overlooked her emotions for although she serves all her other co-wives and cherishes them like sisters, this is fragile. Now come we shall flee, we do not have much time to palter around here. They'll send handmaidens to escort me any moment." She enthused with a brown curl on her thin lips and her eyes twinkled as she took the seat of the chauffeur and her lover mutely followed her decree, the third Pandava feared like death by his foes, now being abducted by a Yadava princess who he desired.

By his side, he saw a maniacally waving Abhishtada and Krishna monkey-ing (copying) the goodbye. While it would be no maturity to expect the little one to show any sign of anti-chaos stance, there was Satyabhama, his dearest accomplice tending to the scruff of Vidyut the stallion who nickered at her motherly show of affection.

Arjuna just hoped they had it all figured out, because all he could see ahead was sheer disarray.

The dias of the planned union of the incarnation of Shatarupa had the supposed groom spring up in perturbation for the nth time

The dias of the planned union of the incarnation of Shatarupa had the supposed groom spring up in perturbation for the nth time. Gandhareya huffed and puffed his large chest haughtily as Gandhararaja finally hissed at the news Satyaki brought along, much to the disbelief and humor of Sankarshana and Shauri respectively.

"—they have seen Princess Subhadra with a rishi, racing outside of the borders of Mokshapuri, my lord," he apprised with a bewildered fumbling directed at his best friend and her beloved as Dushasana shut his hanging jaw with the assistance of Vikarna, and cleared his throat while scowling at his brother who shrugged and went back to conversing with Pritha and Gandhari.