59. Zemblanity

The ginormous forms of the cosmic parents gave way to a blinding golden light before they returned to being mortal to the eyes. Festooned in the varmalas, Shri and Hari had their hands clasped together in sheer delight as the universe performed a catharsis.

"I shall look for the nearest muhurta for the wedding." Kandali broadly smiled with a teasing edge to her voice, holding her daughter by her shoulders as she stared adoringly at the lord who bowed to her. The rest of the caelitis too had their hands folded, awaiting the union which would be taking place in the very hermitage. Much like Bhu, Shri too arrived and stood by Kamya, the three of them appearing no different in their radiance.

"Now now, look at that my friend, someone just added up to accompany you in your leelas." Shiva laughed, patting Vishnu who chuckled along with amusement dancing around them. Sachi, Bharati, Usha and a few others assembled around the Tridevis who wouldn't cease with their teasing directed towards the bride and bridegroom, both of them who felt butterflies at each other's sight. No matter how many times she looked at him, her sight missed something or the other detail which she wished to capture in her memories forever.

'Erhm erhm, someone appears bewitched.' His bimba lips pronounced a sweet smile, given that sweetness had merged in everything he did and shall continue too, even if he won't intent the same.

Madhuradhipaterakhilam madhuram.

She blushed, 'Always have been, Svami.'

"I'd love to request all of you to stay." Maharshi Durvasa folded his hands and glanced at all the guests, joy reflecting in his usually reticent features infamous for his ferocity. "In order to join us in the auspicious time and bless us with your presence."

"HALT IN YOUR WORDS, REVERED ONE!" Came a sharp voice that had the mirth blanketing the throng shattering in a jiff, followed by the shaking form of an ascetic who glared at the new bride with contempt. "You have proved your insolence by disrespecting us enough. Now do you deem us to be so foolish that we shall stay for even a moment longer?"

"That's no way to converse with a fellow sage, Muni Chandrakant," interrupted Brahmadeva, almost hissing in his words, for he could weigh the consequences of having the irascible sage lose his temper. "Watch your tone. What's wrong?"

"What is wrong?" Sage Chandrakant gnashed his teeth, "You see this farce happening right in front of your eyes, honourable ones and you ask me what is wrong?
This woman is being given the status of a mother goddess without a thought, how ludicrous can this even get?!"

Kamya paused in her wildly running thoughts in order to grasp the core of the misunderstanding, while the argument still didn't appear very sensible to her.

"In the hopes of a self choice, we were invited onto this land while this woman claims to love the lord from before. You should have known of your daughter's wishes and not have dishonoured us thus, Mahamuni, for Narayana happened to be not invited and yet he stepped in, winning the hand of your daughter," he continued, pointing at the father accusingly as Kamya pursed her lips, throwing her father an apologetic look to which he only smiled back in assurance.

"But it was her free will, innit?" Devi Parvati raised an eyebrow, "It was her prerogative to choose from whomever came as the prospective groom and Bhrata Narayana did. He wasn't invited by the father of the bride, but the bride herself. If Maharshi Durvasa expresses no displeasure over the turn of events, why do you?"

"This ignorance maddens me." Chandrakant snorted in disgust, angling his finger at the woman in saffron, seeing red everywhere, "This woman is given the post of a goddess while being completely very human. The fact that she endorses romantic love towards the Trilokadhipati should be enough to emit outrage! How can someone attempt to seize Mata Mahalakshmi's place which is beside Shri Hari?"