7. Fates Intertwined

The psithurism of the leaves in fall and chirping of birds created a pleasant melody, melting into her ears finely

The psithurism of the leaves in fall and chirping of birds created a pleasant melody, melting into her ears finely. Draupadi blushed, her dark cheeks contributing nothing to hide her shyness from her lords who besieged her by all sides - one by her with the other four occasionally sharing a laugh. Bhima and Nakula never ceased to tease Arjuna as the throng treaded barefoot into the jungles.

Pritha beamed at the lord who settled afore her, her doe eyes shut in focus while the paeans flowing from the VeeraJanani's lips reverberated into the tiny hut made of straws and dry grass. The family of Pandu had been seeking a shelter after fleeing from their lacquered dwelling to save their lives, their identities changed as Brahmins. She heaved a pained sigh, her mind tracing the memories of vicious plots brewed to bring an end to her and her sons by their own family. Kunti was a woman of virtues and patience, but certainly not meek. She was a fine queen, the disciple of a very pleased Durvasa and knew what had to be termed as being unrighteous and what was fighting for one's rights. Bhagavaan Veda Vyasa had guided her and Pandavas out of Rakshasavarta, and had wanted them to settle in Kampilya for the time being. A partially Vishnu manifestation himself and that her nephew was here as well, KuntibhojaKanya was subconsciously cognizant of one of the most crucial plans of destiny.

Draped in a plain beige saree of a widow and bedecked with rudrakshas, the to-be RaajaMata of Aaryavarta glowed like a goddess. Her tanned skin appeared bronze in the sunlight, soft and tranquil features very motherly. Krishnaa folded her hands, paying homage to SiddhiRoopini who was now her mother-in-law, as soon as her eyes fell on the lady. A quick survey on the expressions of the brothers and she was sure of the fact that this was the lady her blue best friend spoke of, with much affection and deference.

The Pandava brothers halted in their steps, seeing how their mother was so immersed in her routine of praying that she hadn't seen them, nor her new daughter-in-law who had arrived at their doorstep. Draupadi bore her heart in her mouth, fully knowing the turn of events as Arjuna's eyes shimmered in mischief. The witty younger Madreya looked alarmed, his head shooting up to her and his brother who stood by each other, festooned in garlands of lotuses and mogras. His eyes flickered on her and all of them for a split second but immediately seemed resigned at the bondage of the boon he was endowed with.

Nakula nudged Arjuna, before nearing his ear and mumbled something prankish incoherent. The former shook his head, while the eldest two looked mirthful but confused. "See, Mother-" began Nakula, with a profound delight in his voice as he took a gander upon the bride who broadly smiled at him, "-Bhrata Arjuna has got the biggest and richest daana today." Chaturtha Pandava spoke of Draupadi's virtue indirectly, whose coyness did perplex him but he shrugged off the feeling crashing into the pit of his stomach.

"Whatever it is, my sons," Kunti said, her eyes still closed and her concentration unwavering, "You must share it equally among yourselves."

The eldritch quietude that followed was broken by Pritha's loud gasp, who had whisked around in time as her five sons seemed aghast with a godly maiden standing with them who wore an imperceptible curve that spoke a thousand meanings. Almost as though they had been ripped off the land they were grounded to, the pale faces of the five brothers and their mother were dancing before her vision.