64. Wreathes And Wounds

"For the right hand of a viraginous queen, you sure are very clumsy, my love."

The teasing assertion sent her eyes rolling as Aishani huffed out a breath, slightly incensed, dipping by the waist to rub her little toe in order to ease the minor pain which drubbed it. "For someone courting me, you sure are very aromantic my love," she shot back, throwing herself on the swing as Drauni laughed throatily. Unequivocally, the art of riling her up was something he thoroughly enjoyed.

The glade in the upavana had to be the perfect spot for a tryst, of course, laden with juicy fruits and the foliage singing susurrus. Aishani and Ashwatthama though had to be people who couldn't speak a word without sass, were pushed in limerence at the sight of each other.

But old habits die hard.

"Hmm, so is there something I am supposed to do now?" He hummed thoughtfully, picking at the dandelions and daisies as she stared into the yonder, beguiled by the beauty of the ambience he had invited her into. Aishani leaned against the creeper that wrung around a metal coupling that held the swing, shutting her eyes and aimlessly listening to the music of nature and the sweet nothings her beloved was adept at articulating.

"I don't know, you tell me."

The princess of Saurashtra felt a little shuffling in close proximity before her eyes flew open, only to spot a broadly grinning Ashwatthama looking proud at his handiwork. The wreath which sat on her freed locks was compensating for the mocking, she decided, as a smile danced on her lips and roses bloomed on her jaws and her cheeks.

The king of Ahichchhatra flushed at her sight, grazing the pad of his thumb tenderly across her forehead to prevent the baby hair from tickling it. She sure was too sweet- and more compassionate than others, or maybe she saw just the perfect shades in him, which they didn't.

"And maybe someday-" Drauni drawled, leaning on the other side and slowly intertwining their fingers which she gladly consented to, a sort of comfort and intimacy she could draw only from him, "-I shall propose to you with a grass blade bracelet. Will you betrothe me that way, Pranaa?"

Aishani beamed to herself and ran a tongue over her teeth, plucking a marigold and tucking it in his hair, joy and hilarity swaying in her mind at once, "Only if you weave it for me, little princess."

"Come with me to Ahichchhatra? I- I want you to meet my father." He heaved out a breath, wounding his arms around her and her heart skipped a beat, though the warmth never left her. "I have to tell him that I am complete now, you know."

The hullabaloo of a casual day at Dvaravati did not do much to amuse, and neither save her

The hullabaloo of a casual day at Dvaravati did not do much to amuse, and neither save her. The servants and handmaidens running errands from one end of the palace to the other was a mundane sight and even though the splendor of Mokshapuri made everyday seem like an occasion, today was just any other day where the chronicles of Shri shenanigans were dramatically forging themselves in every pillar which supported the majestic vault of divinity.