41. Golden Joinery

Kamalnayani did not let her mind drift off to the past events which had once again turned to be a shock - for her, and perhaps a surprise for her kins. No, seeing Kokila alive didn't sadden her of course. But the underlying conspiracy under which this entire act was carried out, breaking her heart simultaneously with every other family member's, aimed at destroying her very sanity. Dragging in a deep breath into her lungs, the Queen of Dvarakamati focused on the parchment clasped in her hold.

Kanha was inundated in works, so she had risen from her seat, grabbed half of the epistles that were needed to be worked upon and took a seat beside him in the hall without a word. "Hridayaa-"

"Kanha, you aren't allowed to carry it all by yourself. Just because you are carrying it well doesn't mean it isn't heavy. Let me do as much as I can." She peered at him through her lashes as the peacock feather began dancing on the gruff texture, her attention diverted on the other side.

"How are you doing?"

"I sent a letter to Dvaraka on Pita Vasudeva's name. Sakha and Indraprastha have been apprised of the entire ordeal as well." Kamalnayani released a deep breath and continued inscribing. "I'll take care of the preparations for the coronation. Need to be in the momentum of work, otherwise I'll start forgetting my lessons. There's a lot to work on, for now, I am going to just go on a rampant rampage of finishing off these duties. They are piling up like anything."

"To,
Honourable Jyeshthaa Dvarakeshvari Shrimati Rukmini Maharani.

From,
Yagyasaini Dhruvika Kamalnayani, the incharge of Narayani Sena's expenses." Said the letter she was to send to her Rukku Jiji. While Kanha usually used to be out to assist his cousins with whatever conspiracy their kins were up to, Rukmini was the one looking after Dvaravati along with her co-wives. Since she was the head, she was to be given a brief description of all the matters concerning the state. Kamalnayani was as professional about it as Vaidarbhi was, and the former was given the responsibility of a troop of Narayani Sena and its expenses after months of work and experience.

'Dhruvi, you are an adorable little sister and I am proud.'

'I feel like a goddamn psychopath right now. Do you realise they'll start staring at me if they know about this telepathic thingy, Jiji?' Kamalnayani's eyes widened as she almost giggled but managed to pull a straight face, and Rukmini was already in chortles.

AgniSutaa had no time for remorse this time. She was wronged as much as she was wrong, and hence she'd not mind it this time. Not a doubt lurked in her eyes about whatever was to happen. She was going to ascend the throne of Saurashtra and it would be treated as no lesser than a province of Dvaraka itself.

She had spent the evening pretty much planning out her next actions. Satrajiti would be given her position, as she had pretty much guessed and she'd not be able to be present in the women council.

"I know you are carrying out the work well." Kanha frowned. "And you will. I am just asking how are you doing? Are you being good to yourself?"

She shrugged, "I don't feel very bad. A tiny bit for my behaviour but it's not entirely my fault." Kanha could feel the relief deluge over himself at her casual eutony and her eyes as glinting with serenity as ever.

Her parents along with her Grandfather had walked in just that instant and her warrior senses were apprised of it. Kanha offered them a greeting but Kamalnayani simply continued with her work after sparing them a nonchalant glance. "Their intentions weren't wrong, I gave the thought some time to know that. They have loved me, given my riches and comfort and whatnot...but they could have carried that out well. The decision was a blunder, without a doubt.