70. Mini Arson

"When a threat approaches, ostriches tend to stick their head in the soil, perceiving that just like how they are blind to it, the beacon of precariousness would also miss their sight," the scion of flames and oceans mumbled thoughtfully, an elegant smile persistent on her plush lips.

The council of ministers appeared braced up as the divine feminine delivered her last statement before adjourning the court, "Willing blindness to the issues of the state would not solve them, no matter how strenuous or vapid they appear. Remember, wise men never underestimate their enemies, and acceptance is the first step towards problem-solving.

Thus I must bid an adieu to the reverends for the day. The court shall see its next session tomorrow's eventide, given that winter solstice has greeted Saurashtra with vigor and grace. Pranipat."

First rose the intellectuals from their dispositions, and then the heiress descended the marble escaliers of the palace of gold. Kanaka bhavana. She felt her heart jump at the reminisces, and the Samrat Rama- no, her Rama lalaa stood just behind her throne along with his Sitae, Lakshmana and Anjaneya. Of course, she'd known him for ages. But Rama appeared so simple and innocent as a newborn, and look at Kanha never even gazing at something straight- let alone carrying out plain leelas.

Exiting the courtroom with Satyajita and Kokila by her side, Kamalnayani had seen the pride in her loved ones' eyes as she carried an air of seraph, a perpetual serenity constantly growing in her. Her amusement at an odd time had earned her a lot of questioning stares, but she was too giddy to be mindful of her surroundings for a moment or two.

'Someone misses me too much, innit?' A notorious voice greeted her and she stuck her tongue out at him outrageously.

'You just did that because you lost an argument, didn't you Hridayaa?'

'Oh my god, Kanha!'

He chuckled and teased her yet again, 'You didn't have to call me twice. I listen after being called once just fine.'

'Your leela history disagrees, sir.'

Her mother no longer winced at the lost look in her eyes, perhaps they no longer held a complaint. As liberated and euphoric that she felt, Kokila never skedaddled from her share of liabilities. Kamalnayani looked up to her for her pragmatism, but she would not want to be a mother like hers. Love couldn't be too much anytime, innit?

Her sapphire lehenga with an ivory gauzy uttariya was her signature dressing style, before her marriage. The sequins sat at the borders, and a peacock feathered armlet weaved with pink pearls somehow went along with almost every colored outfit of hers.
At times, she found herself absent-mindedly searching for the end of her saree to wipe the bedraggled visages of her nephews. Prativindhya and Shatanika were pretty grown up, and so was their monkey-

"Actually, I am too handsome to be a monkey." The younger one kept one of his hands on his hips, the other busy taming his curls and looking very pleased with himself.

-handsome monkey business.

Little Nakula, a very pretty and sensitive boy, and as charming as a kid could be - born of the most handsome of the Pandavas and the one of the most ethereal beauties of the times. Kamalnayani wondered what it was like...motherhood, how precious and very akin to a penance. Like being a god, shaping a human and also knowing the dexterity of hands, a gentleness, for your little ones should know that it's okay to fall at times and equally important to learn and bounce back. Surely, not everyone could do it, right?

'Narayana, Narayana! You have been doing it since the beginning of time, Matae. Kindly do accept my greetings.' Narada muni bowed, and she shortly inclined her head with a soft pink flush on her cheeks.