63. Oneirataxia

Warning : Mature content ahead (16+). Reader's discretion is advised.

Kāma is purushārtha, it is love, it is the act of union of Purusha and Prakriti- the two components making up the society

Kāma is purushārtha, it is love, it is the act of union of Purusha and Prakriti- the two components making up the society. Where Purusha represents Paramatma, Prakriti is nothing but the energy herself. Standing third in the line of pursuit for humans according to the scriptural texts, Kāma is also misunderstood and often depicted as either too obscene in the modern times, or turned into a taboo. Contrarily, Kāma is longing and sacred desire, the act of turning one of two souls indulged in love. For love itself is very pious. It's not lust, and neither is it to be considered impure, for even when our divinities have incarnated as mortals, they have participated in it. Begetting offsprings is the main motive, for one has a debt of their ancestors to continue the generations. Otherwise, sans Kāma the race of animals would vanish - including the social ones.

Love is pious, emotional, physical, spiritual, sexual, soulful, and everything beyond and around divinity. However, to be spun in lust cannot be termed as a feeling called affection. Lust is just a perverted feeling, sexual attraction without emotional attachment.

Moreover, it is ordained that a task at hand should be performed when taking in consideration the first three purusharthas. If it suits the three, great. If it suits two, then too it isn't heinous. But, only one of them being carried out at the cost of the other two isn't righteous. One must refrain from doing so.

The realm of Kanha and his Hridayaa was dimly lit with lavender oil infused lamps flickering by the ends of the chambers, suffusing the oxygen wafting around in its rich aroma. Crimson tinctured roses augmented the spruce table as the aura of the ether, burning with the golden globe of flames, was now overcasted by the livid clouds, dusk approaching like the waves of the ocean in a slow fashion.

Kamalnayani found herself lackadaisically roaming the tranquil corridors of the Dvaraka palace, her heart dancing in an otherworldly ecstasy. The sun had come to a rest after a long day full of humdrum routine. The sirimiri of the noontide was a medication to her impatient self - soliloquies and delirious thoughts occupying her mind as she had reveled in the soft shower of nature.

Krishnahridayaa couldn't wait for his arms to besiege her in his querencia. The man of her dreams, chivalry and love verily intertwined with his personality. His deliciously raspy tone when he spoke to her, his hazel eyes holding an emotion as unadulterated as a new born's affection, those stubborn curls which teased her whenever he leaned, his scent of musk which was her latibule... he was capable of posing every spell that took her to the lands of oneirataxia.

"Priyavara, you there?" She sang, pushing open the mahogany doors of their chambers but her smile melted away the second her lotus eyes rummaged around once. He was absent...
Nevermind. Even the handmaidens weren't to be seen anywhere, which made the situation uncanny all the more. Strange, she remarked internally.