Chapter 40: Vulnerable

(How the council  of Gargareans appears to be, enjoy!)

"Have you gotten everything you need?" Rambos asked.

"Yeah." I answered. We were sailing back to the Isle of Etna where the refugee Amazons were. The whole ordeal with the Sons of Themyscira was already a success. It was just extremely surprising how everything was pre-planned to be in our favor, even without me actually doing it. It was invigorating because there was hope.

"This has been really annoying and exhausting, in total honesty." I admitted. "I will not lie; you people are annoyingly cruel for making me do that." I exhaled in anger. The council merely laughed in my face as I said so, dismissing any feelings of offense from my statement.

I continued. "But as I am in the position of asking for your help, I will try to be less aggressive to make our work a bit easier." The council hummed in agreement and understanding.

"My people still have some weaponry and resources to keep them afloat in the civilized dwelling they reside in," I started to share. "But there is simply a lack of advancement and machinery that we have against those of Grail and her forces. We may need an ample amount of technological weaponry and craftsmen that could help us in our plan to take back our land."

"In specifications, how many will you need for both?" Bellerophon asked.

"'As many as you can provide' was what I wanted to say but for specifications," I looked up and made a guessing in my head. "Maybe a thousand weaponries and 80 of your finest craftsmen?"

"It is not a bad deal," Hippolytus said. "And will you be needing any warriors?"

"Yes," I admitted. I did not expect them to lend any warriors since from everything they were telling, Gargareans were master craftsmen and technological prodigies; not master combatants which the Amazons were greatly known for. "Please give me an ample enough of what you can provide."

"Very well." Hephaestus concluded and the council agreed in unison. "Anything else you'd like to request?"

"Two more things," I replied. I wanted to let this moment simmer. "One, the sons of Themyscira will train in the way of the Amazons." I could see the annoyance and the defensiveness rise in the men so I explained myself further. "For the reason that the Amazons may have a different strategy of warfare that the Gargareans have so there must be at least a sort of unison throughout this whole ordeal."

"We are offended by the insinuation of the incompetence of our brotherhood." Hercules commented.

"I assure you, Sir Hercules, it is not the case." I replied securely.

"But I believe there is a point to your reason so I personally agree." He concluded his message and I nodded in understanding. Hephaestus spoke up once more afterwards.

"What is the last condition?" He asked.

I breathed a deep breath before speaking. "The Gargareans will help in the finding of Atlantis's third crown prince, Chazenilium."

It was arduous but after everything, we've managed to achieve everything that we've needed for the journey. It was one step closer to our plan in helping taking back Themyscira. While we were on the speedboat that was similar to the yacht Chazen and I traveled to before, I asked Rambos something personal that I was very curious of.

"Rambos," I asked. "How are you the son of Antiope? Did you not say that you never met your Amazon mother?"

The gentle and mellow smile coming from his lips faded slowly before being replaced by a sad and gloomy expression. "I lied." He admitted. "I was the first born male from the race of the Amazons and I was a result between the romance of my mother and the blacksmith god."