Chapter 32: Terrorism

(The beautiful Andrea Bang as Helena. Enjoy!)

A clang resounded as I closed my eyes and expected to be hit by Grel's, or now as Grail's, axe. I opened my eyes and looked up, and saw a trident stopping it from hitting me straight in the face. I looked to my side and saw Chazen holding out his trident, knees bent in a battle stance.

"A shame," Chazen said. "I liked you better when you were just the rebel's daughter." He lifted his trident up and spun around before kicking Grail in the stomach making her back up for a bit, but she was still standing. She showed to be incredibly strong.

"Who are you, really?!" Chazen shouted while pointing his trident at Grail. Grail chuckled and twirled her double headed axe with her fingers. Chazen growled as she did so.

"My real name is Grail, the daughter of Darkside to an Amazon named Myrina. I was born the same time that your Princess Diana was," She replied. "And the only reason why I was hidden was because I was prophesied to bring ruin and destruction to the world."

Hippolyta gasped. "You were one of the emigrant Amazons who left the island for an unknown reason. Why did your mother need to hide that?"

Grail grinned. "She was scared that you would kill me the second you knew of my existence. So, we left and hid ourselves in Man's World and traveled through different dimensions to find my father."

"What is your goal, daughter of Darkseid?" Vulko asked with hostility to which Grail merely smiled wickedly at him.

"I am now claiming the island of Themyscira as my own," She says while slowly walking towards us. "As Darkseid wants me to have my own place here on earth. But mostly, I give my loyalty to Darkseid for the reason that my mother may be safe."

"You dare to betray your sisters and defy your Queen to serve some new God who has failed once in conquering this world?!" Nubia rhetorically growled as she sharpened her weapon and spun it around.

"You were never my sisters!" She countered defensively. "Your people tried to kill one of your own because of the potential danger I possess. Something that could maybe have been avoided if you followed your own beliefs!"

"Beliefs of compassion and peace," She scoffed. She soon spat on the ground and growled. "You make me sick."

"Now," She looks at her axe before looking at me. "You die!"

Her eyes, naturally glowing red like fire, become more and more scarlet until rays of two red lights go directly at me and Chazen. Chazen was spinning his trident around and making the water go along with it, making a circular water shield that could protect us. However, he was still a bit slow so we were about to get hit.

I couldn't close my eyes this time, my sight was glued to the light projectiles racing ahead of us. Chazen still continued to do the shield thing but it was clear that he was far too late. I braced myself for impact but someone came in in front of us then raised their shield and let their protective weapon take the hit. A few tension filled seconds passed before the red eye rays were stopped and smoke was coming from the shield.

The person turned around and it was Nubia, bowing at me before looking at our backs and nodding. "Amazons!" She cried out. "Attack!"

At the same time, Grail looked at her army and growled at them. "Kill them, kill them all!"

A bloody battle ensued at once. Xebel and Atlantean steel clashed against the carefully crafted blades and weaponries created by Themysciran blacksmiths. There was so much power and forces that clashed intensely that it almost made me want to puke. I was a warrior and a fighter, yes, but with so many revelations and shocking events happening, it felt as if the world became too much. I felt as if I wanted to run away and escape.