Chapter 30: Civil Unrest

(Viola Davis as Hippolyta. Enjoy!)

Fight them? "Chazen, I cannot fight my own people. It is against my belief; it is not right."

"Who said you'll fight them?" He asked. It took me minute to get the meaning of what he said before it sunk in. I was going to fight off the Atlanteans and he was going to subdue my sisters. As much as the idea was somewhat iffy to me, we had no other choice but to do what we have to in order to stop this.

"Have mercy on my people, Chazen." I said to him as I whipped out my trident and shield. He smirked at me before spinning his trident around and banging the edge of it on the ground.

"Ditto, Amazon."

We nodded at each other before launching ourselves at the fight as we planned to first segregate the two. I put my trident on my back and made use of my lasso to pull Atlanteans off of the Amazons they were attacking. Every Atlantean I pulled was met by a fist in the jaw that disoriented them and made them unconscious.

I looked to my side and saw Chazen swiftly getting near every Amazon and when he was in front of them, he'd bang the back of his trident against their heads that made them easily unconscious. I could see though that he wasn't planning on giving them head damage, he just wanted to disorient them. Similar to what I wanted.

As I was continuing to do this, the riot started to realize my plan and they started to attack me. I tied my lasso on my shield's handle and used it as a yoyo to defend myself against the incoming attacks of the Atlanteans. They started to circle around me and I did a spin along with lassoed shield that made them give space for me and I spun around until my back hit someone else's. It was Chazen. The crowd realized what we were doing so they were ganging up on us.

"We're surrounded." I said.

"I know. I can't seem to find an opening to escape." He replied, scanning his view.

I removed my lasso from my shield and raised my hands up. "Please, we do not want to hurt you but you must stop trying to hurt each other! I beseech you, stop!"

The crowd kept leaning in this time with weapons being dragged out. This was bad. We needed to fight back with all we had otherwise we might not live to see another day. "No holding back now?" Chazen asked.

I groaned in agreement. "If we want to keep our lives."

The crowd started getting closer until one of the Amazons charged at us and Chazen and I started to attack. The Amazon had a dagger she threw at us and I blocked it with my shield, Chazen then took the dagger and threw at the foot of the Amazon.

Two more of the Atlanteans charged at us and I lassoed one of them and pulled him near to which Chazen then punched the attacker in the face. The other attacker got near my partner but I smacked him in directly with my shield and it made him fall. Chazen then hit his stomach with his trident.

From afar, someone tried shooting two arrows at us. Chazen pulled his trident up at the right moment as the arrows were speeding at us and he turned his trident to the ground to drop the arrows. The crowd launched a full on attack to which I immediately took my trident out and spun it around in the sand. Chazen took that chance to bang his trident on the ground several times which made the crowd around us forcibly widen as they got hit by the impact of the force.

Immediately, I tied my lasso around him and told him to prepare. "I shall spin you, Chazen. Hold tight." I said before spinning him around us and like a yoyo and with his trident, he disoriented everyone in the crowd as the circle got wider. Everyone became confused but there was someone who from afar decided to attack.

He ran and jumped before throwing a trident at us. I stood up and blocked the trident with my shield. It fell in front of me with a clang.

"Kneel and push me up." Chazen ordered and to which I immediately did. I bent down on one knee and he jumped on the shield and threw the back of his trident at the attacker. The trident hit him in the stomach but it did not kill him, just took the wind out of his lungs.