Chapter 35: Relations

(The incredible Bradley James as Arthur Curry. Fitting because he also played another Arthur in Merlin the show:) )

The water was cold. Flounder said that we were in a place near Britain so it was going to be a far swim towards the kingdom of Atlantis. He luckily could borrow one of the vehicles that the Atlanteans owned. "How did you get one of these?" I asked as I touched the upper body of the car and started at it. Founder was able to bring it to the small hut we stayed in by asking a friend, who he borrowed it from, to lend it to us.

The friend was loyal to the crown of Atlantis and because he recognizes Atlantis's royal's respect for me, he would be willing to give his aid to us. It was a nice change where an Atlantean stranger was not willing to shove his trident down my throat for the mere reason that I was an Amazon. "Well, he was kind enough to let us borrow. He's also going to bring us there." Flounder pointed at the Atlantean and I smiled at him.

"Thank you," I bowed. "You have been very generous." He smiled back and bowed as well. He climbed into the vehicle and tied Flounder to it with my lasso before climbing into the vehicle as well. I nodded at the Atlantean and he started the engine before driving us off.

It would have been a very long travel if we were to swim there but it only took us a couple of hours before arriving at the gates of Atlantis. The vehicle was not just surprisingly efficient and fast, it was also comfortable. I somehow fell asleep during the ride.

When I woke up, I saw the Atlantean staring at my tiara helmet before gazing back at the road in front of him, a sad smile covering his lips. I did not feel very comfortable opening a conversation with the stranger because I did not know him well enough however, I guess I wanted to try. "Is something the matter?" I asked while wiping my face, a bit self-conscious for any saliva that came out of my mouth while sleeping.

"Nothing," He looked at me before smiling politely. A few minutes after he added what he wanted to actually say. "Your tiara reminded me of an Amazon friend."

I nodded, ushering him to continue. "Everyone around us fought because of the ideas we had against each other, both Amazons and Atlanteans, but she was different when I met her."

His face showed longing as he talked about his friend. "She was kind and she was wonderful, a good friend through and through." I nodded, understanding what he was saying about her.

"So, what happened to the two of you?" I asked. He looked at me from the side of his eye before shaking his head softly.

"Well, we fought together for a couple of times, until-" He paused before sniffling and biting his shaking lips. "She had to go away for a day job."

I was not comprehending what he said until a few seconds go by and my eyes widened and I looked at him deadpanned. He then laughed with a big-bellowing chuckle that made it out as seem as if he just made the funniest joke on the planet. "Damn, you should have seen the look on your face! HAHAHA!"

"You're a stranger, sir. I do not really think that was anything amusing." I said while keeping a straight unamused face at him. It wasn't funny and it was kind of rude.

"Oh, don't be such a prude, Epione. We're closer than you think!"

I shook my head, "Sir, I do not even know you. I have never even met you than today!"

He puffed his lips and bowed his head a little, signifying he agreed. "True, but you're very close with my brother. And your best friend is a colleague of mine."

Best friend? Brother? "Who is your brother?" I asked.

He looked at me raising his eyebrows and chuckling. "Chazen." That made my eyes become wide and think properly. An Atlantean who is the brother of Chazen and a colleague of an Amazon. No. He must be-