-9-

Y/n steps into the lavish house, it was really big, considering at that time most of the person were poor with a small percentage being rich

But as she stepped inside the silence of the house creeped her, she was all alone.

A tense silence hangs in the air, broken only by the faint sounds of servants' footsteps.

It felt like she had entered a different way, it was completely different from the world she belonged to. Well, she has.

As she waits nervously, the door creaks open, revealing her new in-laws. Y/n thanked the maids and entered the house.

Mr. Jeon greets her with a nod, but there is no warmth in his expression. Mrs. Jeon's greeting is cool and distant. Y/n's heart sinks, but she forces a polite smile.

"Thank you for having me." She said.

"Wait, I will be back." Mrs. Jeon said and left.

Y/n was looking around, she felt like someone was staring at him, well every maid and Mr. Jeon were staring at her. But she felt like there was someone else too.

Y/n sits nervously on the edge of the plush sofa, her hands clasped in her lap. Mrs. Jeon, a stern look on her face, sits across from her, a notebook in hand.

"So, Y/n, tell me about your family background." She asked.

"Well, we come from a small village. My parents worked hard to make ends meet." Y/n replied. She just told what Noir told her to say.

Y/n was sent here by hostel. Jeon's family who were looking for the bride of their son. And they wished to find a young mannerful pretty girl from a lower middle class family. And Y/n was all that.

"And what are your aspirations for the future?" She asked.

One by one Mrs. Jeon was asking questions to Y/n and she was replying to them. While Mrs. Jeon was looking at the notebook.

The questions were really backward and conservative. But she give answer that they wanted to hear, not what she wanted.

Mrs. Jeon scribbles notes in her notebook, her expression unreadable.

"And how do you plan to adapt to our family's lifestyle?" She asked the last question.

"I'm willing to learn and make necessary adjustments to fit in." Y/n replied.

Mrs. Jeon nods, seemingly satisfied with her responses. She closes the notebook and leans back in her chair.

"Thank you, Y/n. We'll be in touch. You may leave." She said, Y/n bowed and left. But she was still looking around, trying to find Jeongguk in this life.

Jungkook was there, he was hesitant to come In Front of Y/n.

After she was gone, he came to his mother. Jungkook was still there tapping on his mother's shoulder. "Who was that, Nonna?"

She smiled and looked at Jungkook, "I am thinking of making her Your Hyung's bride."

"Hyung's bride?" Jungkook said. "But she looks sweet, and Hyung is grumpy."

"Would that be perfect? She will balance his temper." She said,

"But eomma," Jungkook wrapped his arms around his mother. "She can be my bride too, right?"

"Jungkook, you are young. When you grow up, I will find a more perfect girl for my younger son." She kissed his cheek.

"But I liked this noona." Jungkook pouted.

"Well, if you like her so much. She will be your Hyung's bride."
__

Y/n was wearing a traditional hanbok embroidered with delicate cherry blossoms, sat before the vanity mirror as her mother delicately fastened her hanbok.

"Elara, my dear, you look absolutely breathtaking," her mother cooed, her voice quivering with a mix of pride and bittersweet sentiment. Y/n doesn't know this woman, but she was her mother in this universe.

Y/n trusted Jungkook, she knew things would go okay if Jungkook was there.

But deep down, Y/n couldn't shake the unease in her heart. She had never met Jungkook in this life. What if he is a completely different person?

She had heard he was a serious man who focused a lot on the family business. And Mrs.Jeon came and she stared at Y/n who was sitting in the chair.

She held Y/n's chin, "You know what caught my eyes when I met you?"

Y/n shook her head, she doesn't know what.

"While other girls walked in scared. You entered our house as if you owned it. Your chin was high like this," She pushed her chin making Y/n look up at her. "But honey, from today. I don't want you to raise your head. It should always be down, you must just nod your head when necessary."

She said and Y/n left like something got stuck in her throat. She has to tolerate this? Just to get a happy ending?

Mrs. Jeon told her about the conservative rules of their family and reminded her to be respectful and kind.

"Remember, Elara, our family values tradition and respect. You must show kindness and be polite to everyone, especially to your husband and his family," Mrs. Jeon advised.

Y/n nodded, trying to calm her nerves. She knew that meeting Jungkook would be important, and she hoped he was a nice person here. With a silent prayer, she prepared to meet her future husband at the altar.

"Hang your head low." Mrs. Jeon said and put a veil over her head. "In our family, the groom gets to see the bride first."

She nodded her head. She was hoping for Noir. Right now she needs some support. With each step, her heart raced, and she longed to catch a glimpse of her future husband. Struggling to contain her curiosity, she whispered, "I wish I could see him,"

She replied, "Patience, my dear. You'll see him soon enough. Remember to walk gracefully."

Y/n nodded, her breath hitching as she approached the altar. Unable to resist the temptation any longer, she attempted to steal a quick peek through the veil. "I can't see him at all. It's so frustrating," she murmured to herself.

The officiant's gentle voice resonated through the chapel, prompting Y/n to refocus. They didn't take Jungkook's name, but Y/n first thought maybe he has a different name in this life. Like Y/n name is Elara.

As the vows commenced, Y/n's voice quivered with emotion as she spoke the sacred words. "I promise to love and cherish you for all the days of my life," she vowed, her voice carrying the weight of her commitment.

Her fingers intertwined with those of her unseen partner, and she felt a tender squeeze in response.

She felt insecure by holding hands. And he left the veil, Y/n was shocked it was not Jungkook. Her heart stopped, she didn't know what was happening or who this man was.

He cupped her face and kissed her lips.

It was Namjoon. He was not supposed to be there. He was not originally in the book. But now he was, all thanks to one person.
__