-8-

1930

1930

I opened my eyes as I heard a disturbing voice

I opened my eyes as I heard a disturbing voice. I gazed around, disoriented, as the woman's voice pierced through the air. It was an open hall and there were bunk beds. There were 20-30 bunk bed

The room was abuzz with activity, filled with young girls, they all got up from their bed and were leaving the place one by one.

What is this place?

My eyes locked with a concerned girl, who hurried over and urged, "Elara, You really need to hurry up, or you'll be late."

Who is elara.

Confusion gripped me tightly. I couldn't comprehend where I was, or why I was surrounded by these frantic, unfamiliar faces.

Where was I? How did I get here? But before I could piece together the fragments of my memory, a severe-looking lady with steely gray hair swept into the room, her eyes ablaze with impatience.

"You're late," she barked, her tone brooking no argument. "No time for pleasantries or breakfast. Come with me, and no questions until you've been briefed."

I stumbled to my feet, my heart hammering against my chest as I struggled to make sense of the situation.

"Wait, who are you? Where am I? What's happening?" My words tumbled out in a desperate plea for understanding, but the woman remained unyielding, her silence a stark reminder to abide by the enigmatic rules that seemed to govern this place.

As we hurried through the dimly lit corridors, my confusion only deepened, a thick fog of uncertainty enveloping my every thought.

With a swift flick of her wrist, she handed me a broom and a dustpan, her gaze brimming with an unspoken warning.

"Since you can't follow the rules, it's time for you to learn some discipline. Clean this corridor," she commanded, her voice sharp and unforgiving.

I hesitated, the weight of her words settling heavily on my shoulders.

"But I don't even know where I am," I protested, desperation creeping into my voice.

"That's not my concern. Follow the rules, or face the consequences," she retorted, her tone brooking no argument.