-4-

I saw my mother hold the bag, a grin spreading across her face,"Do you like it?"

She said, "Of course, I do. It's your choice?"

"No really, but the one who chose it for you, is my choice." I smile.

"Hmm, Girlfriend?" She asked.

"Not yet. Maybe in the future?" I exclaimed, and she smiled and patted my head.

"I am happy if you are. But what about Miyeon? She is a nice girl." She exclaimed.

"She is, indeed. So she will find a nice guy. But not me." I replied. Mom nodded her head.

"Yes, I hope so too." She said, Mom went to greet the other guests. Dad threw a huge event for her birthday, as he opened an NGO. Mom likes to do social work, and dad knows this will make her happy.

I really admire my parents, even after years of marriage, there is still so much love in between them, and that is how things should be. Love shouldn't disappear even after years of marriage and all the ups and downs.

I glanced at Eunwoo and Mingyu, they were talking about something, while looking at me. Maybe I know what they are talking about, I know they were onto something.

I walked to them, "What are you guys talking about?" I asked and picked up a whiskey glass. I looked around, wondering where Y/n is. I invited her.

"The same person you are looking for." Mingyu said. I looked at Eunwoo.

"You already told him?" I asked.

Eunwoo leaned in with a smile . "Come on, man, spill it. We've known you for years. I thought I should tell him about the girl you've been smitten with."

Mingyu joined in, a playful smirk on his face. "Yeah, don't keep me in the dark, Jeongguk. You've been hiding something from us, haven't you?"

I chuckled nervously, "Nothing, he is just exaggerating. She is annoying."

"But you like her." Eunwoo said.

"I don't know. She is irritating." But I want her to irritate me for the rest of my life. It's too early to say this, but it feels just right. Like she is, he is the one.

"She is here." Eunwoo said. My gaze flickering toward Y/n in the distance. So she made it to the party, I smiled when I saw her.

Mingyu's eyebrows shot up. "Y/n? You were talking about her?"

I looked at Mingyu, "You know here?"

"Yes, dude she is my ex." He said.

Ex? Honestly it doesn't matter to me. But we friends have this rule, that we can't date each other's ex. Eunwoo, Mingyu and I had been friends since highschool. And this rule exists so there is no unnecessary tension between us.

"Were you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was in love. But we grew apart." Mingyu replied.

"Then it's fine right? Jeongguk seems to like her alot." Eunwoo spoke.

"Bro, No. Jeongguk, not her. If you date her, things will be awkward." Mingyu said

___

"Are you serious Noir! What if he gets mad that I brought you with me?" Y/n said.

"Nah, I had to come. I am getting a strange vibe." Noir said. They entered the party, and Noir saw the reason for his bad vibe, Mingyu.

"Sh't, what is he doing here?" Y/n asked.