Epilogue: "I'll See You Soon, Then."

Start from the beginning

He didn’t reply. I felt the bleacher seats for his hand.

“I don’t want to leave. I really don’t…I want to stay here and be with you as much as I can, Billie. I don’t know what to choose,” I bite my lip, tears already pooling in my eyes.

“Go.”

“H-huh?” I asked dumbly, looking a bit disoriented as his face split into a large grin.

“You heard me, Chelsea Rhone…I want you to go to Cambridge. I want you to have everything you’ve always wanted, babe. This…” he motioned at our hands, which were still intertwined, “can wait, Chelsea. And when you come back for semestral break or summer or whatever, we can always make up for the time we lost.”

I shook my head, “no…I’m scared. I don’t want to leave…wait, I want to study in Cambridge but, I don’t wanna leave you.”

He took my face in his hands, “Listen to me, Chelsea…you’ve got so much potential. I don’t want you throwing it all away because of this little loser,” he grinned a bit, “and, do you doubt me? Do you actually think I’d go girl-hunting when Gerard had made it clear that he might just kill me when he catches me doing something stupid?”

I shook my head for what seemed like the umpteenth time that late afternoon. He smiled at my submission and stroked the side of my cheek.

“I have something for you,” he mumbled, before letting go of my face and reaching inside his black robe and pulling out a small box. My eyes widened.

Well, what the fuck. Aren’t we too young for this?!

“It’s not a proposal ring, stupid,” Billie scoffed, seeing my expression, “and you call yourself a salutatorian…I’m assuming you know what a promise ring is?”

I wanted to tell him that it wasn’t me who was calling myself as a salutatorian…and that I was only hailed a salutatorian but I kept my mouth shut as I nodded my head in understanding.

“From this day onward, I, Billie Joe Armstrong, will write every day that Chelsea Agatha Rhone would be gone for England,” he smiled gently, his eyes shining, as he took out the simple ring from the box and slipped it on my finger. “And, I also promise that, when the time comes and, we’re still in the same page as we are right now, I’d marry her.”

I bit my upper lip as tears flowed freely down my cheeks. He looked up at me with such vulnerable eyes as well and, brought his thumbs up to wipe the tears away.

“You…what’s your promise to me?” Billie mused gently, thumbs still grazing the areas under my eyes lightly.

“Even if I don’t have a ring to give?” I asked childishly and he almost laughs at how immature it seemed. He still nods his head, though and, I took that as a cue to start talking.

“From this day onward, I, Chelsea Agatha Rhone, would reply to each and every message that Billie Joe Armstrong would send while in England,” I couldn’t look at him straight in the eyes, for it seemed too bright to be stared at and kept my eyes on the ring on my finger. “And, I promise that I’d never, ever fall for anyone else besides this beautiful man with me, on the bleachers of Stonewall High.

“I would also like to say something else, if that’s okay,” I snuck a glance at Billie, whose eyes were already brimming with tears, who nodded, “that song that I sang to you…on that day in my apartment, I was hoping you’d realize that it was for you.”

I felt strong arms wrapping themselves around me and, I wrapped my arms around his waist in return. I could feel the heat from his body as he allowed some tears to drip onto my robe. I tried to smile, despite of the tears falling from my own eyes and rub his back.

And when he let go, his eyes were full of promises and futures as he said, “I’ll see you soon, then.”

“I’ll see you soon.”

So, you might've noticed that the ending is kind of like a cliffhanger...but that doesn't mean that I'm going to make a part 2 of this story.

In other words, I'm leaving the "ending" of the story for you guys to continue...and, no, I'm not asking that one of you should make a sequel, no...

What I'm asking is for you guys to make your own ending...within your heads.

Because I'm (secretly) torn between GerardxChelsea and, BilliexChelsea. 

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments that kept on going for me, especially for the times that I thought of just ending the story and, not continuing it anymore.

I love you all <3,

T.

P.S. I might have another story coming up...but I'll wait if I could reach to 15+ chapters before thinking of posting it so...I'll see you soon ;)