Chapter Thirty-Four: "We Fell Apart."

IT'S THE WEEKEND, HURRAH! This week is just one heck of week and I'm so tired and, I couldn't stay up even with coffee in my system so, I'm guessing that my lack of sleep is pretty severe...

I'm listening to Emily's Army right now and, I'm loving their tracks! Actually their songs have been in my iTunes for quite a time now but, like what happened before I liked Mindless Self Indulgence, I needed to lay off of them for a bit, I guess....

And now I'm a fan.

Anyways, this chapter has GerardxChelsea in it so heh :3

Chapter Thirty-Four: “We Fell Apart.”

- Chelsea -

It’s been two weeks since Gerard’s release from the hospital and, in school we both had the same mindset on not talking or bumping into one another unintentionally.

And, so far, it had been…good…ish…

It’s a Friday night and Billie had volunteered to drive me home. As the car stopped in front of my apartment, I turned to Billie, who was sitting at the driver’s seat.

“Thank you for bringing me home tonight,” I smile gratefully, leaning closer and placing a soft kiss on his lips. “I’ll see you on Monday,” I said as I pulled away.

His hand caught mine and said, looking in my eyes so deep, I swear, I bet he could read my mind, “I love you,” he smiles gently, “don’t forget that.”

I shake my head almost playfully and I beamed at him, “I won’t. I love you, too.”

Neither one of us had looked away moments after I had said my goodbye, causing us to crack up and laugh loudly inside his (brother’s) car.

“Well, I really gotta go now so…” I mumble awkwardly, just as the silence began to swallow the both of us once again. “I’ll see you, okay? I love you so much.”

Both of us had leaned in, an innocent kiss exchanged before we both pulled back at the same time just as Billie said, “I love you more.”

I giggle and stumble out of the car, closing the car door behind me. He waits in front of my apartment as I waved at him and walked upstairs.

As I reach the second landing, however, my eyes were drawn to the figure sitting with his back hunched in front of my apartment door. He looks like…

I walked as quietly as I could before calling out in uncertainty, “Gerard? Is that you?”

Suddenly, his head snaps up and looked at me quite innocently; it reminded me of the days when he used to look up at me from his sitting position on the ground in the nearby park.