Chapter Six: "You Shouldn't Have."

Heyeyeyey!! I was in school when I checked my account earlier and thanks so much for every vote, every fan, every comment, every read and, every '________ added The Loser's Girlfriend to their reading list' that kept me inspired and shizz. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND PLEASE DON'T EVER HESITATE TO COMMENT BECAUSE I WILL REPLY TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!! <3

Without further ado, here's chapter six!!

Chapter Six: “You Shouldn’t Have.”

- Chelsea -

I don’t know what’s wrong with me but, I’ve recently been thinking…what in the world is Billie Joe Armstrong doing?

I mean, it started with stares and, I’ve brushed it off and, now…

Now, he’s my seatmate for the majority of my classes. The exceptions being Gym, English, Fine Arts and, my vocational course.

Seriously, is something wrong with his brain? Did he get hit in those playful fights he’d always have with…with Gerard? I don’t even know why he started sitting beside me!

Maybe he only wanted higher grades...? No, he’s smart enough as it is.

Maybe he wanted new company? Definitely not. He still sits down with the rest of his friends during lunch, right?

Maybe a prank? Doesn’t sound outlandish…but I’ve never heard of him engaging in those. Usually it’s the Way brothers.

God, controversies surround those two.

And, now, I’m sitting on the gray carpet of my living room, my green laptop on, on a page on how I’m supposed to be doing Newton’s cradle.

I remember Ms. Fawcett telling us that it might look easy but it’s actually hard to make one that does the motion continuously. We need to get the exact measurements, the exact materials in order to make this work.

And Billie is my partner on this one.

In fact, he should be here any moment now.

Ding, dong. I stand up, leaving my laptop on the coffee table as I approached the front door. I peek through the small hole because of habit and swung it open.

In the hallway stood a casually-dressed Billie Joe Armstrong with his usual backpack hung on one shoulder and in his right hand was a…

“What’s that?” I ask, pointing at his right hand. He holds the two boxes up, “oh, this?” he clarifies, “I just passed by a fast food strip on the way here. I don’t really know what you wanted so…do you eat Chinese food?”

I giggle, “you shouldn’t have, Billie…I’ve got no parents to impress.” I avoid the questioning look in his eyes by leading him into my apartment.

“Nice place,” he comments and I take the plastic of Chinese food from his hands. “Do you want to eat now?” I ask, and he nods.

I love the way he’s so straightforward.

Wait. Did I just say…never mind.

Upon reaching the kitchen, I transfer both Chinese foods from their respective boxes on a plate and, noticing the lack of beverages; I took the pitcher of cold water from the fridge and began to make iced tea.

I re-entered the living room, where Billie was sitting on the couch, still looking pretty stressed. “Are you alright?” I ask as I lowered the tray of food on the coffee table.

I heard him breath out, “yeah…just starving.” He took a plate from the table and grabbed a spoon as well, scooping up a spoonful of rice.

I smile then proceeded to do the same.

-

“So…in short, we won’t do much today?” Billie asks as I finished telling him what we need and how we’re going to come up with our own model of Newton’s cradle.

I nod, “yeah…”

It didn’t even take us a full thirty minutes of discussion about our project but, as Ms. Fawcett said, things would become more challenging as we start doing our project.

I’ve placed the laptop back on the coffee table, the used plates and utensils from the early eating gone and, in the kitchen.

“So, what do you want to do?” I ask Billie from the other end of the couch. He continued staring the door in front of him. “Billie?” I ask, getting his attention.

He snapped out of his reverie, “I’m sorry. I was just thinking…”

I tilted my head, “thinking about what? Unless it’s personal, you don’t have to answer.”

He sat closer to me on the couch but not in a I’m-a-creeper-and-I’m-going-to-do-bad-bad-things-to-you type of way but more of a I-just-want-to-be-a-tad-bit-closer-to-you way. “I admire you for the effort you’ve placed so far into this project…I guess it’s really a blessing that you’re my partner.”

I felt my ears turn warm as I stuttered out, “r-really? It wasn’t much of an effort coming from me, anyway.”

He looked straight into my eyes, the usual mischievous emerald turning into a shade darker, “I had a feeling…but thanks, Chelsea.” He took a brief look at his digital watch before standing up, bringing his bag with him, “I gotta go.”

I blinked twice to bring myself back to the situation, “oh, s-sure.” As I walked over to the door and held it open for him, he said, “I’d like to know more about you sometime. You intrigue me. I’ll see you on Monday. Goodnight, Chelsea.”

Then he walked father down the hallway. I blindly closed the door once again, stumbling back onto my couch, trying to get a grip onto what just happened.

Oh and, I think the next chapter's going to be a bit more interesting so...linger 'round, if you wanna ;)

xo,

T.

P.S. I have never been particular of chapter length so...I just write what I think's supposed to be included in the chapter :D Alright, see ya!