Chapter Twenty: "How Do You Know If You're In Love?"

Do you know how hard it is to write something sweet when you're heartbroken as fck? Well, fyi, it is HARD. The news about Mikey cheating on Alicia is just...not very Mikey-ish. Who would expect that, right? Right?!

It's all over twitter and, I know it's none of my business, seeing as I'm not related to ANY of the MCR family (or in any way, whatsoever [you have no idea how hard it is for me to accept that, haha]) but MY HEART JUST FEELS LIKE IT'S GOING TO GO UP ITS WAY TO MY MOUTH AND OUT OF MY BODY.

The feeling sucks like heck and, for the first time, I wish that everything is right in the world.

Chapter Twenty: “How Do You Know If You’re In Love?”

- Billie -

For a moment, I thought I felt her body stiffen but, as moments passed, Chelsea began to relax. Not kissing back, but allowing me to take over.

I don’t know what made me do it or what even made me ask. Maybe it’s because it’s my favourite time of the day or because we’re in the park where I had so many memories as a kid.

I smiled into the kiss as Chelsea scooted a bit closer, her hand coming up to rest on the base of my neck, drawing lazy circles on my collar. My insides felt like they’re melting with just the light patterns she left on my bare skin, leaving tiny tingles on its wake.

Suddenly, it felt as if something swelled up within me, like a water balloon that’s slowly getting filled but it kept going, kept getting filled up with this sudden new feeling until it overflowed.

My heart was beating fast, I know that much and, for the first time, my thoughts were nothing but Chelsea Rhone. My hands found its way to the back of her neck, pressing her firmly on my lips, not wanting to let go until I lost all air.

She broke away from the kiss abruptly and, for a moment, I was confused. Confused as to why she wouldn’t look at me and even more confused when I realized the fact that I actually enjoyed it.

“Gerard left,” she mentioned lowly as she smiled, although it didn’t reach her eyes.

Gerard? Gerard was here? “Oh, right, yeah…he wanted to see…erm, ‘improvements.’” I shrugged at my answer, hoping it wouldn’t turn out too weird.

As I dropped her to her apartment and said our goodbyes, my thoughts were too scattered and I was heavily distracted. So she kissed me only because Gerard was there? And not because she actually wanted to?

“Oh, Chelsea, what are you doing to me?” I groan helplessly as I drove back home.

-

When I stepped inside the house, my nose picked up the smell of lasagna from the kitchen. “Hey, mom,” I smile as I greeted her with a hug.