Chapter Fifteen: "Why Didn't You Tell Me?"

I'm BAAACK and I'm sorry if I have been quite silent for a few days, I guess. The school fair's coming up and, if you live in the Philippines, go to St. Paul College in Pasig City and, maybe, just maybe, we can find each other!

It's gonna be quite impossible, though :(

Here's chapter fifteen under part two of The Loser's Girlfriend.

Enjoi!!!

Chapter Fifteen: “Why Didn’t You Tell Me?”

- Chelsea -

“Chelsea?” I heard him gasp in surprise and, in that moment, I wanted to yell at him for toying with me.

I wanted to call him names that he deserved to get.

I wanted to hit him or kick him in places where it would hurt like hell and I wouldn’t care if I’d go to the Principal’s after or if I’d get banned from going to the library for the rest of the school year…

…And that’s saying something.

But all I could do was stand there and hold the sudden tears back.

“Chelsea, I -- I don’t know what to say,” he sighed hopelessly as he stared at me, as if he cared.

Does he care? “So…this is what you popular people do, huh?” I try to place a smile on my face. “You try to win girls’ hearts then break up with them when your best bud tells you to? This is a dare isn’t it? You tricked me, right?”

He sighs heavily and tries to reach for my shoulders. I repeat: ‘tries.’ I lean away from him.

“Chelsea, listen to me. Okay, I may not have been entirely truthful --,” he grabs both my arms and pulls me closer, “-- about my intentions with you but that doesn’t mean that I’m doing this to hurt you, okay?”

I pull myself away. And don’t you know that tricking other people that you like them can hurt them as well. Oh my God, Billie, are you dumb or what?

But of course I couldn’t say it because people began noticing our not-so-quiet conversation and started listening in, creeping behind the library shelves.

I took deep breaths in order to calm myself down and looked back at his green eyes with a more collected expression.

“Okay,” I heard myself say quietly, “But why didn’t you tell me?”

He began to open his mouth to reply but before he could do so, I muttered.

“Can we get out of here first?”