Chapter Seventeen: "How'd You Stay So...Kind?"

Hey! I'm so sorry for NOT being able to update these past few days and I feel so guilty :( The fair came to a close and, well...

I promise that I'll update more frequently now. I promise on Mikey's unicorn, I will.

Chapter Seventeen: “How’d You Stay So…Kind?”

- Chelsea -

It’s weird, being all over Billie’s back like this but I guess this is much better than the kind of carrying where we’d have no choice but to face each other.

God, the last thing I wanted is to see those green eyes of his.

As we got closer to the parking lot, the sun began to set and the orange streetlamps littering the campus started flickering to life. We neared his brother’s (he explained it to me on our first ‘date’) car, he lowered me on the ground.

He opened the car door and held it for me, “get in.”

I nod before going in. I wait for a few moments until Billie got to the other side and closed the door with a loud thud.

“I won’t let you go home just yet, though,” Billie mentioned as we got out of the gate and started on the main road. My eyes squinted in confusion.

“W-what? But, where would you take me…?” I stuttered but all he did was chuckle and grin.

“You’ll see.”

We passed by my street but didn’t make the left to go to my house, instead, we just drove straight ahead until we get to the last street and made a right. I suddenly became familiar of the road we are now in.

“We’re near the pier, right?”

It took Billie a moment to answer, “uh-huh but we’re not going there.”

We took a left on Willow Street and stopped in front of a humble house. Billie parked in front of the gate and got out. I did the same thing as well, with Billie supporting me.

I-Is this…? My eyes darted to the mailbox and, as expected, there it was, written down and painted with gold: Armstrong.

“Your parents -- !”

He cut me off, “they won’t care, c’mon.”

And I, reluctantly, let Billie lead the way.

-

“Billie, sweetie, do you know where -- ?” a tall, dark haired woman appeared from the kitchen right after Billie called out that ‘I’M HOOOMEE!’ “And, who is this young lady?” her eyes flickered to mine and I averted my eyes to the ground, not wanting to see her expression.