Chapter Thirty-Nine: "Don't Hesitate To Tell Me, Alright?"

OMG, we're in chapter 39! And, I know that I've already said this before but THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL VOTES/COMMENTS THAT KEPT ME GOING!!

I love y'all <333

This is the FIRST EVER FANFIC that I've actually FINISHED!! Merci <3

Anyways, here's chapter 39!!

Chapter Thirty-Nine: “Don’t Hesitate To Tell Me, Alright?”

- Chelsea -

“ACADEMICS CAN GO SUCK MY --!”

My rant was interrupted as the phone rang.

“Ugh, damn it,” I groan as I stand up and began to walk (I ended up crawling, actually) to the table where the phone was ringing loudly.

I lifted the phone from its cradle and placed it near my ear.

“Hello?” a slightly familiar voice cracked from the other end of the line.

“Yes? Who is this?” my brows were furrowed as I tried to decipher the tone of voice.

“It’s Gerard, Chels…I need help with my -- shit!” a thud was heard, as if tons of books had fallen from a library shelf (yes, I’ve heard that sound before). “Fuck! Oh God, I’m sorry. I need help with my Calc homework and Billie has guitar practice, Lindsey’s still doing her piece for art, Mikey…well, Mikey’s not exactly our level yet and, the rest are just…blah.”

I nod my head, “sure. Now?”

“If it’s okay with you…” his voice faded and, for a moment, I heard papers being organized.

“Alright. It’s okay…come on.”

“Thanks, Chelsea! You’re the best. I’ll meet you in ten minutes tops.”

I didn’t get to say goodbye -- and he didn’t wait for one, either -- as the dial tone came on and, as I placed the phone back onto its cradle, I took a good look around my apartment.

It was the messiest it has been ever since I had decided to have it remodelled and, oh God, I can’t fix these things up in ten minutes!

I rushed to the floor and stacked the books lying around near the left side of the couch, crammed the papers in an organizer that I never used until now, threw all of the scattered pens in this small pouch that housed all of my art materials (which wasn’t much, by the way, I’m not a very artistic person) and, placed the used bowl of cereal in the sink inside the kitchen.

Wait. Shit. I haven’t changed from my pyjamas last night…and it’s nearly two o’clock in the afternoon!