Chapter Ten: "So...Yes? Or Yes?"

So...Billie's bugging me right now, saying something like, "Come on! Write the part where I'd ask Chelsea out!" and since I got seduced by his deep green eyes, I agreed :D.

Kidding!

But, yeah, Billie wants to go on a date with Chels so, this chapter has that part! (Although the actual date wouldn't be posted right now, tho, sadly :()

Chapter Ten: “So…Yes? Or Yes?”

- Billie -

I sat at the library chair opposite Chelsea, just taking the image of her surrounded by books. I found it extremely…interesting. She purposely avoided my eyes (like usual, ever since that day) and was writing down notes feverishly.

I sighed for what seemed like the fifth one in the past three minutes, “Chelsea, please, talk to me.”

“I don’t know if you’ve got a dim brain or something but I think I’ve made myself perfectly clear these past days,” she lazily commented, “I’m busy right now, Billie…can’t you see that?” She finally looked up at me, green meeting green.

I leaned in closer, “look, if this is because of last Monday, I swear, it’s fine with me.”

“No, it’s not only that,” she snapped back. “I -- you -- you distract me, in a really bad way…” she mumbled coherently and I raised my eyebrows at that.

“But what if I tell you that I like you, too? Haven’t you considered that? That maybe I kept on badgering you because I like you?” I raised my voice a bit, earning the looks of other people in the library.

“Go away, Billie, I know you’re only saying that…you don’t actually mean it,” she said, staying calm and collected on her seat.

I huffed, crossing my arms, “fine. You don’t believe me? How about a date tomorrow evening?”

“You don’t ask a girl out like that.”

I shake my head and sigh heavily, grabbing my books and storming out of the library, with Mrs. Pirce (the librarian) glaring at me all the while.

-

“You were being rude, Billie, of course she wouldn’t agree to have a date with you,” Lindsey said a matter-of-factly as I joined her and the rest of the gang on the table for lunch, just telling her what had happened minutes previous.

“But she’s being stubborn,” I groan, my face in my hands. I look up, only to see Lindsey’s eyes staring down at me sympathetically.

“How about…you visit her later and apologize and bring gifts and stuff…then, once she accepts, you ask her out?”

“That’s…actually not a bad idea.”

-

So, as soon as I got home, I took a quick shower, pecked my mom on the cheek, took my older brother’s car to drive to the nearest flower shop, bought a bouquet and, went straight to Chelsea Rhone’s house.

I parked the car up front and made my way up the stairs, to the second floor. As I reached her hallway, in front of her door, I breathed heavily, trying to calm myself down.

Alright, Billie, you’ve got to ask her out tonight. It’s on the agenda for the past days now.

I clicked the doorbell at the left. Chelsea opened it with a flourish, “what do you want?” she asked grumpily, her hair all messy and in disarray.

“At least let me in?” I ask her, keeping my attitude in check.

She took a look at me, as if trying to decipher my expression. I built up a rather strong wall as her resolve faltered and she let me in.

I took a step inside the familiar living room that I’ve been visiting for the past week. I turn around just in time to see her locking the door.

She motioned for me to sit on the couch, “why are you here?” she asked in her timid voice.

“I came to apologize for making a scene in the library earlier. You were right, you were busy and I was distracting you…I’m sorry,” I babbled, “It wasn’t cool of me to ask you out that way earlier so…forgive me?” I held out the flowers in front of me.

She took the bouquet and placed it gently on the coffee table on her left. “Okay…but no more, alright?” she smiled.

“So…will you go out with me?”

Her eyes widened, “you were serious about that?”

I shrugged, “well, yeah. So…yes? Or yes?”

She giggled, “I’m guessing you wouldn’t take a ‘no’.”

I scoff, “of course not.”

Sorry it's such a short chapter!! The next would feature our very awkward Mikey Way, who's gonna go all ninja on our couple!

Hang in there, goise!

xo,

T.