Epilogue: "I'll See You Soon, Then."

Hey guys! So, here it is: the LAST update on The Loser's Girlfriend and, I just might post a list of songs for this fanfic's 'Playlist'/'Soundtrack' because...I'm clingy to my stories like that.

And I'm also going through a bit of depression right now since My Chemical Romance broke up so, I might live in reclusion for the rest of the summer break :(

So, anyways...here it is! A huge THANK YOU and, I LOVE YOU to all of you guys!!

Epilogue: “I’ll See You Soon, Then.”

- Chelsea -

The ceremony ended with huge balloons and tears and I watched the entire exchange with soft eyes. It was refreshing to see the groups of people reconnect after such long years in high school, separated by their cliques.

Even I was a bit surprised when Amanda Cross approached Lindsey and, in that moment, I assumed that they were best buddies before middle school.

I felt so left out, just standing there, with no one to talk to. My uncle and brother already left a few minutes ago, back to their own, busy lives. I was awarded Salutatorian and, people weren’t exactly surprised by that.

A hand wrapped itself around mine and, I turned to look at my left, where Billie was standing, a rather sad smile on his lips. I smile back as best as I could, knowing what would happen.

“Can I talk to you?” he asked me, looking deep in my eyes.

I nod my head, “sure,” and we both walked to the less crowded areas of the campus. From inside the school auditorium, we got to the areas of the football field and sat down on the highest of the bleachers, looking down at the green grass below.

Nothing was said for the moments until he managed to breathe out, “…I heard you got an invitation from Cambridge in England,” he paused, taking a glance at me while I was nodding my head. “Did you accept it?”

I inhaled shakily, finally exhaling with the words, “I don’t know yet…I’m busy weighing the pros and cons of going and not going.”

It was his turn to nod his head, “tell me the pros.”

“Well,” I started, “it is a large university…and to be given an invitation saying that I could study there for free would be saying something, I’ll be closer to my uncle, who’s currently working there, no more walking or commuting for me and, I’ll probably be allowed to have my own dorm room or maybe another condo since, well, he has connections to the apartments nearby.”

His face reminded me of someone who’s in deep pain, “…and the cons?” His eyes were dilated as he stared hard at a dried leaf at our feet.

“It’s all sentimental, really,” I shrugged, “I don’t want to leave you. Or Gerard. Or my brother. Or anyone, really…including those that I’ve recently became friends with…another con would be -- there are also good universities here and, my uncle could pay for my tuition fee so…”