Chapter Thirty: "Everything."

OH WE ARE NEARING THE END! Well, no, not really but...WE ARE NEARING THE END (of the world) OF THIS FIC. Kinda like, ten more chapter to go or something...

And I'm so sorry if I have been posting crappy chapters lately. I blame school. (Again, not really)

So, we I got a shit ton of projects for Asian History, Christian Living, Chemistry and, Journalism...plus quizzes in nearly ALL of my subjects tomorrow.

Alright, I'll tell you more after this!!

Chapter Thirty: “Everything.”

- Chelsea -

Going back to the busy, gradually getting cold streets of California, I exhaled sharply. I lifted the Starbucks cup to my mouth then spat it out on the concrete.

Shit, “my coffee’s still in Gerard’s room!” I mutter annoyingly, throwing the cup an angry look. “Now I know why Gerard hates you so much,” I say to the inanimate object.

Oh, God, I’m talking to a cup. I take a sip once more and try to block the taste of the sweet drink, just delighting in the feeling of it giving me warmth.

I wait under the ‘taxi’ sign and got in the first cab that stopped in front of me.

“Where you at, girlie?” the middle-aged man driving the cab smiled as I entered.

I automatically smiled back, “erm, San Jose avenue, please. I’ll tell you when to stop.”

He gives out a short nod as we started to drive east. The temperature of the cab was a bit warm than the temperature outside so I set the cup of coffee on the seat, carefully so that it won’t spill. I look outside the windows of the vehicle, thinking about everything…everyone…Billie, Mrs. Way, Russell, my parents, Lindsey, Gerard…

Oh, God, Gerard.

I shake my head slightly, banging my head against the glass window with a ‘thud.’

“Oww…” I groan, rubbing at that spot on my head.

The driver took a glance at me from the rear view mirror, “you okay back there? You sound like you hit your head pretty hard.”

I shrugged. It just wasn’t in my agenda to talk to middle aged men driving cabs.

“You got a problem? I’m a dad, I think I’d be able to understand,” came his voice once again; only it wasn’t as business-like as before.

I sighed, “Nothing. I’m okay.”

He made a tutting sound before moving his eyes to the road again. I shook my head at his response. Old people nowadays…