Chapter Three: "Let Him Stare."

Okay, it's the third chapta!! Woo, woo, woooooooo!! (School just started so...you should be able to know how nice it was to finally sit in front of the computer and type :D) (and I just got back some of my exams from last trimester and OMG)

Chapter Three: “Let Him Stare.”

- Chelsea -

I don’t know about him but, ever since that encounter in the library with the Billie Joe Armstrong, it really did look like he was stalking me.

I keep seeing him everywhere! In the cafeteria, the library, the school court yard, the oval, even, in the bus stops. I wonder what’s going on with him?

But he already assured me that he wasn’t stalking me but still…it gives me the creeps.

Finishing my American Government homework, I stand up, bringing my things with me. It’s fifteen minutes past dismissal time and most of the students were gone. Well…except for Billie and his massive group of friends hanging out by the school’s entrance.

As I passed by, I heard their boisterous laughter quiet down. I didn’t look back, for fear that they all might be staring at me or something like that so I keep my eyes firmly on the ground I was walking on and, wait until I’ve reached the gate before releasing my stare on the sidewalk.

However, I heard my name being mentioned in the group’s chatter and made me turn around once more.

“Yeah, Chelsea Rhone.”

“Isn’t she the…”

“Yes, she is the one…”

“Is it true that…”

I shake my head then, proceed to walk back to my apartment.

-

“Hello, Mrs. Stueby,” I greet as I pass by her, smiling politely as she passed me my keys.

“Hello, darling! Oh, your uncle already sent me the necessary fees so you need not worry about it, okay?” she asked me mildly.

I nod my head before saying a small, “thank you,” and opening my apartment door. I fumbled for the light switch on my left and heard the ‘click’ that usually tells me I’ve found and pressed the switch. The bright, fluorescent light littered the small area that I call ‘home.’

…At least for the meantime.

As soon as the lights came on, a small buzz from the ceiling told me that the air con had been turned on as well, sending a small, cold breeze my way.

I dropped my bag (and my body) on the gray couch but refrained from turning on the television, which sat temptingly in front of me.

No, I reprimanded myself, no T.V until Friday. You need to study for the night.

But I ended up sleeping, anyway.

-

“Hey, what’s going on between you and Billie Joe Armstrong?” Chloe asks, leaning into me, wagging her eyebrows suggestively.

I pull out my Psychology text book, “nothing. Why?”

She looks around and briefly glances at --for sure -- the popular table. All of the boys were there and, some girls (who I know was Megan, Kayla and, Isabelle) as well. They were all laughing their heads off at something that, probably, Tre Cool blurted out.

Not that I’m that sure about what’s happening because I’ve been avoiding looking at them ever since Billie started following me (or, at least, that’s what I think) everywhere.

“Haven’t you noticed?” her voice goes lower, more whispery as she continues, “that he’s been following you and staring at you all the time? I’m surprised he hasn’t kissed you or something.”

I choked slightly, “what? No! It can be pure coincidence that he’s in the place where I am as well…I mean, come on, Savannah Leeds thought she was being stalked by Mikey Way, for crying out loud.”

She nudged me with her elbow, “he’s staring at you again, Chelsea.”

I sigh, “Let him stare, Chloe. Let him stare.”

Suddenly, her voice becomes aggravated, “hey! He’s calling you.”

I whip my head around, only to catch Billie Joe turn his head to Ray Toro, who began talking to him. I look back to Chloe, confused, until I see her giggling.

“Oh, Chloe, fu -- you’re so mean,” whoops. Nearly dropped the f-bomb there.

She rolled her eyes, “when are you gonna drop the good girl act? It’s like you haven’t said a single bad word before.”

I haven’t.

I'll try to update as much chapters as I can before I could get loaded with a ton of homeworks :(

xo,

T.