32. A bright surprise

Diwali is around the corner so I thought I would do something related.

My country (Not India) is going crazy about Diwali. There are lights everywhere and it just brightens up my entire neighbourhood, leaving no need for street lights.

Elijah, Damon and family celebrate Diwali.

As the days passed, Damon noticed Elijah engrossed in a book about India. The realization dawned on him – Diwali, the festival of lights, was just around the corner. Determined to bring a touch of the celebration to their lives, Damon hatched a plan.

"Damon, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I hardly see how celebrating Diwali is relevant to our current situation," Elijah said, arching an eyebrow skeptically.

Damon grinned, his eyes twinkling mischievously. "Come on, Elijah. Diwali is about light triumphing over darkness, good over evil. We could all use a bit of that, don't you think?"

Elijah couldn't help but be intrigued by Damon's enthusiasm. "Very well, Damon. I'm willing to indulge your idea. What do you propose?"

With that, Damon went into action. He enlisted the help of their friends and family, including Klaus, Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie, and even Rebekah. Together, they set up an elaborate celebration in the Mikaelson mansion, adorning it with colorful lights, diyas, and vibrant decorations.

When the day of Diwali arrived, Damon practically dragged a slightly bemused Elijah out into the garden. As they stepped outside, they were greeted by the warm glow of the lights and the scent of incense in the air. Their friends and family were gathered, all wearing smiles of anticipation.

"Damon, what have you done?" Elijah asked, his tone a mix of surprise and amusement.

"We're celebrating Diwali, Elijah. Embracing the joy, the positivity, and the togetherness it represents," Damon replied, his eyes alight with excitement.

Klaus, ever the charismatic host, stepped forward, a tray of sweets in his hands. "Happy Diwali, everyone! Let's light up the night and make beautiful memories together."

As they lit the diyas and exchanged sweets, laughter and chatter filled the air. The atmosphere was infectious, and even Elijah found himself smiling amidst the celebration.

"Thank you, Damon," he said, his voice soft but genuine.

Damon grinned, pulling Elijah into a spontaneous hug. "You're welcome, Elijah. Diwali is all about spreading love and happiness, after all."

Throughout the night, amidst the colorful fireworks and the delightful aromas of Indian cuisine, their friends and family shared stories, laughter, and joy, creating cherished memories that would linger in their hearts for years to come.

As the evening drew to a close, Elijah glanced at Damon, his eyes reflecting the soft glow of the diyas. "I must admit, Damon, this was an unexpected but delightful experience. Thank you for introducing me to Diwali."

Damon winked, his smile infectious. "Anytime, Elijah. After all, love and light have a universal language."

And with that, they stood side by side, watching the last traces of the fireworks illuminate the night sky, embracing the warmth of the moment and the newfound bond that Diwali had brought to their lives.