30

The journey back to the fortress took longer than Lan Wangji predicted since the jiangshi attacked them from out of nowhere. It seemed like they were directly controlled to slow Lan Wangji's movement.

Fortunately Nie Mingjue and Feng Xue were there and helped to annihilate the jiangshi quickly, but even so, it still took a longer time to reach the fortress.

When he reached the fortress, he quickly dismounted and ran toward where Wei Wuxian was staying before he left, and prayed that he would forgive him for his stupidity.

Brothers or not, he loved Wei Wuxian, and although there was nothing he could do if they were indeed half brothers, he could at least take care of Wei Wuxian and make him the Emperor – after he got rid of the Empress.

The plan slowly formed in his mind when he opened the door to the room Wei Wuxian stayed – only to find a maid was cleaning the place.

"Where is Wei Ying… I mean, Crown Prince?" Lan Wangji frowned, and he had a bad feeling about this.

The maid was so surprised, she dropped the broom, but she quickly composed herself and cleared her throat before she curtsied and answered Lan Wangji.

"Greetings, Your Highness. The Crown Prince left last night with Princess Feng Yue."

Lan Wangji was surprised when he heard that Feng Yue was with Wei Wuxian.

Feng Yue was an unpredictable one compared to her brother, Feng Xue. Her temperament was volatile, but her power was exceptional and she would be a great help to Wei Wuxian if she went with him.

But what happened?

What caused Wei Wuxian to leave in a sudden without informing him? Well, Feng Yue was supposed to inform him or Feng Xue if there was something to do or if she went somewhere, but it was not the first time she disobeyed orders anyway.

"Did the Crown Prince say anything about the reason why he has to leave?" Lan Wangji asked the maid, and the maid suddenly remembered something.

"Ah, apologize, Your Highness. Princess Feng Yue left you a letter on the table there."

Lan Wangji quickly retrieved the letter and ripped it open, then he read Feng Yue's handwriting before he crumpled the letter in his hand and threw it hard against the wall.

"I guess that was not good news?" Feng Xue took the crumpled paper and smoothed it out to read his sister's letter, and he couldn't help but hold back his smirk.

'Wangji-gege, I will follow Xianxian-gege to the capital to take care of some problems. Apparently, the evil (step)mother imprisoned gege's aide and doctor, and she demanded gege to come tonight because she will execute those poor souls. I used the teleportation device and set the coordinates to the manor. Don't blame me if I destroy things and people to protect Xianxian-gege.'

It was a very typical Feng Yue – brash and to the point. But it concerned him too, since she said that they were going to rescue Wei Wuxian's subordinates.

There was a reason why Lan Wangji banned the twins' entry to the kingdom other than their fairy blood.

The fairies – especially Feng Yue – were not as pleasant as they looked. In fact, they were volatile and ruthless beings, despite being natural-born healers.They were more like bloodthirsty warriors with faces like angels.

Both of them killed and mutilated mythical beasts like they were stomping on ants and they did not have any conscience or mercy to those weaker than them.

They obeyed Lan Wangji only not just because he was their savior, but also because he was stronger than both of them. If he was weaker, they would chew his ass and spit him out before they created chaos everywhere.

But Feng Yue – the more ruthless one between the twins – was like a puppy in front of Wei Wuxian, and Lan Wangjo wondered if the bond between them was the reason why.

Anyway, since she was with Wei Wuxian, he could at least feel a little bit at ease. She would destroy everything that tried to harm Wei Wuxian, but that was the problem too.

"We need to get back to the capital." Lan Wangji turned around and Feng Xue followed. "Tell Nie Mingjue to stay and take care of the rest. You will come with me."