Chapter 27.2 ~ What Was Once in the Dark

There, I lay. 

Across Cameron's knee. 

In a room full of people. 

He even lifts my purple, satin dress. 

I am covered by the fact that my lower half is facing a wall, in the opposite direction of the party. But they will certainly see my face, so I keep my head straight down. I am relieved that he keeps my panties on. I would not let these people even see the top of my bare bottom. 

"I'm not going to destroy your dignity," he remarks almost sarcastically. Like he can read my thoughts. 

All too quickly, Cameron is raising the paddle and brings it down in a few resounding swats. I now feel like I have no choice but to hang my head, my curled hair sweeping across Jake's perfectly shining hardwood floor. It stings but I can hardly feel it. All I can feel is the utmost vulnerability of being in such a position before others, fearing they can hear how loud it is. 

I try not to look but I sense more onlookers. I overhear a closer voice say, "I was hoping Magnus would show off his work again. He's looking hot as always. And she's cute."

After the seventh loud spank, I see a body in a black dress approach us. She takes the paddle from Cameron's hand. I look up and it's Whitney in all her beauty. 

"Cameron's, that's enough," she scolds my fiancé. "Her poor bottom is already red through her panties. I think she's learned her lesson. Besides, she's not a bad influence on me, if that's what you did this for."

"Whitney," Cameron says sternly as he covers my bottom with my dress. "I would appreciate it if you let Steve handle these things. But thank you for looking out for my girl nonetheless."

"Thanks, Whitney," I reach for her hand. She takes it and runs her thumb across my knuckles as I still hang off his knee like I often do at home. Part of me hopes she will take my hand and rescue me from this situation. But just the fact that she's covering us up instantly makes me feel more at ease. 

Whitney squeezes my hand and says in a lilted voice that indicates she may be teasing, "Cameron was doing what he thought was best. Did you learn your lesson?" 

Cameron interjects, "Whitney, that's alright, let me have my time with her." 

Out of the corner of my eye, I watch him signal for Whitney to leave as he pulls me up into his arms and cuddles me close as if we are alone. 

"I'm so proud of you," he whispers in my ear. "That was a big milestone for you and you did perfectly. But are you going to end up here again?"

More voices "ooh" and "aw" about how sweet the devil-dominant Magnus is being with me. 

I have no idea how much time has passed as I try to come back to my senses. I feel safe in Cameron's familiar, steely body but I remain in shock over what just happened to me. Over what I agreed to. 

"Did you hear me?" he asks.

"I heard you but-"

"You're overwhelmed. I know. But are you going to end up over my knee again?" he repeats himself softly in my ear. 

"No, sir," I say spitefully. 

"I don't like when you make fun of me." 

"I wasn't making fun of-" I am interrupted when I feel another small, warm hand meet my back and I hear Whitney's bird-like voice speak again, "Cameron, we don't need to prolong this longer than it needs to be. Let her go and we'll all have a good night together."

Cameron looks down at my face and asks, "Are you embarrassed?"

"Of course I'm embarrassed," I whisper in his ear as I feel Whitney peel him away from me.