Chapter 23 ~ Young & Beautiful

❦ Hope everyone is having a wonderful Winter Break (if that applies to you). Be sure to fit in all the self-care and rest that you can, you deserve it! Just a little heads up, this chapter is another longer one.  

An hour later, my emotions have cooled. I am no longer enraged by him. I needn't be.

There was no use fighting any longer. If he's angry, then so be it. But there was something I wanted to tell him. Even if he would ask me to leave, I would refuse to leave holding my peace forever. 

Nervously, I tiptoe around the flat to look for him.

No sight of him on the main level. But I hear music coming from the basement. 

It's a song I recognize. Fukumean by Gunna.

Why the hell is Mister listening to such a song at a time like this? 

It dawns on me that he's probably using his home gym. 

I figure it's best not to interrupt his workout. I wait until the song ends before I creep down the stairs and knock on the door.

He pauses the next song, another rap song, but one I do not recognize.

"Come in," he calls back to me.

Little by little, I crack open the old door and there he is, shirtless and sweaty. He looks at me shyly. I have never seen him look at me with such nervousness. Ever.

"Hi," I stand before him in the same sweatpants I threw my tantrum in, ashamed of myself.

I am unsure if I am even allowed to be here. If he wanted to me stay in the guest room to reflect. If a punishment awaits me tonight. 

He smiles with relief and walks right over to me, "I thought you'd pack up and leave."

"No!" I exclaim surprisedly. "I'm surprised you didn't kick me out."

Cameron wraps his warm body around mine and draws me in tighter than ever, "Kick you out?"

"You're toasty," I kiss his cheek, his freshly shaved stubble leaving a little sting as it rubs against my lips. "I'm the one that was ridiculous today. I should have just done your laundry without complaining. But you were a little mean."

"No, baby, I shouldn't have reacted like I did. Not when you're getting used to this whole submitting thing. I'm ashamed of my actions. So ashamed I considered letting you strike my hands with the cane."

"That's a joke, isn't it?"

"No, baby, my behavior was pitiful."

"I could never hurt you. Even if I wanted to. Plus, I don't think that would be good for us. I do want to submit to you, after all." 

He sits down on one of his benches and gathers me into his arms, propping me up on his lap. My throne.

"When you live here, there will be expectations. Just like you have expectations of yourself in your own flat, but I will not be hard on you. I promise. I'm sorry I fucked up badly."

"I think that's what scares me."

"I know this is not how a dominant should act-"

"I'm not talking about you. I'm scared of the fact that I want to live with you."

"You want to live with me?" he looks up at me like a little boy. 

"It's not such a pie in the sky, you know. I would move in today if I could," I smile down at him lovingly.