Chapter 12 ~ Tavern Ghosts

❦ NFSW content is ahead <3

❦ P.S. This Chapter is longer than most --> also you may have gotten a notification for Chapter 14 (still can't figure out why and how it uploaded). Took that as a sign to upload this one. There still will be Friday's chapter. Consider this the second Thanksgiving special and happy Thanksgiving to our lovely American readers. 

"You okay, baby?" Cameron asks me for what feels like the hundredth time, thinking about the discipline he just gave me. He drives me to the closest street corner to the tavern, ready to send me off but wishing he could spend the evening caring for me.

"I am more than okay," I put my head on his shoulder. "I feel great, actually."

"When you get in, I want you to drink more water and please make sure you eat enough after what your body has been through."

"Okay, that's solid advice," I unbuckle my seatbelt.

"If I had you at home, I'd be taking care of you even more but you're going to have to take of yourself for me."

"Cameron, can I just say that I am okay?"

"I'm glad to hear that, my love, but if I didn't take such good care of you, I promise that as a sub, you'd feel a difference. I'll always give you proper aftercare, okay?"

I smile, "I'm not saying I'm not grateful, I am. But you don't have to take pity on me just because you spanked me."

Cameron grows a sly smile, "Oh, I do not pity you. There's something very satisfying to me when I carry out the discipline I promise, baby."

I kiss his cheek, "You know I'll find a way to hold that against you."

"And you know I'll find a way to make you like it," his body heats up like a furnace as I draw near him.

"I better go," I feel myself smirking again.

He gives my cheek a solid pat. So solid that it stings just a little, "There you go with that smirk again. Almost like you're proud of how bratty you were."

I kiss his lips lovingly in response. Between kisses, I say, "If I respond, I may be in trouble all over again."

After exiting his vehicle, my heart longs for him as I walk down the street to the tavern, hearing the live medieval music from afar. I pull open the heavy door and the whimsical music gets louder. Wafts of ale, wood, dust, and the rustic smell of old carpets fill me as my nerves start to kick in about possibly seeing Harry. A soreness lies deep in every part of my body as I think about the idea.

Sure enough, there he is sitting with two of his best friends, Paul and Flint (Eloise's ex-boyfriend). To my relief, Sagarika is sitting at the end of the table with Alistair and a guy from Alistair's dorm at the time with a girl whom I've never met. I slide it in to sit next to Sag, greeting the people at the table, ignoring Harry completely. 

Eloise makes her apperance. She's wearing a white long-sleeve sweater dress with an unstained pair of white sneakers. Her thick, dark is tied up in a long ponytail. Harry, nor Flint make any effort toward speaking to any of us as we chat with Alistair and the other guy and girl. 

Harry does not even see me. He is too busy goofing off with Flint and Paul.

As the night at the tavern continues, jolly music begins to play and Flint and Harry go to an empty space together. It may have been a dancefloor at some point in time and they begin doing a jig together. Flint is much taller and lankier than Harry, but that does not stop Harry from dipping Flint back in his arms. Harry's arms are strong enough to hold Flint but their gimmick only makes Eloise and I shake our heads at our exes.