Chapter 29 ~ Snowed In

❦ NSFW is definitely ahead, dear readers 

"I am so proud of you for calling Jessica Lane," Cameron says to me for the third time in that husky voice as he massages my entire body with lavender and eucalyptus oil after a long shower together. He was determined to take all my rib pain away.

Upon his completion of my massage, I take his face into my hands and press a kiss onto his lips as I recall all Jessica had told me. The fact that he was run ragged by Samantha, blackmailed, and left with nothing but condemnation from the people who were supposed to love him was something I could not stomach. 

He looks at me with confusion and I only kiss him again, even firmer and with more determination this time. He doesn't ask any questions as I walk to the dresser to get into my pajamas, but he stands there watching me. Stunned.

"What?" I look up at Mister as I pull my Christmas pajamas on.

"Nothing," he shakes his head. "I just hope all is well with you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I was scared senseless when you wouldn't answer me today. Did she give you any answers?"

"She said I need to take care of myself. She told me she told you the same thing. That sometimes you need to butt out?" I feel that sly smile form across my lips. 

"I will not," he smirks back at me. "Jessica Lane may be a mental health professional but she does not have the wisdom of a good dom."

"You're teasing, aren't you?"

"I am. But I can't lie. I was afraid something was seriously wrong today. Something that I could not fix."

"You don't have to fix me."

"May I remind you that you are my baby?" he walks over to me and cups my face in his hands. "An important part of my role as your authority figure is to care for all your needs. You make my fatherly instincts kick in."

"And you make my motherly instinct kick in but that's beside the point. We cannot always rescue each other."

"Your job will never be to rescue me and you are not my maternal figure," he speaks seriously as he draws me in but there's a small sense of jovialness lingering in his tone. "Unless you want to change the terms of our arrangement."

"Never, sir."

"That makes me even prouder of you. Now no more babying me. I don't need it. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sir," I whisper as I hold his hands to my lips and plant one more soft kiss. 

 ❦❦❦

The week had dragged on, but I was celebrating when Jamie closed the office on Friday afternoon for no apparent reason. Maybe he wasn't so bad. 

As I slowly put the pieces together to rebuild my mental health, an idea Cameron and I came up with was to throw a dinner with our prospective bridal party the following Saturday. Call it a redo to absolve the unnecessary chaos of The Dom's and Sub's Ball. Only the family and friends our age. The guest list was as follows: 

Jake & Amy 

Connell The Third & Serena

Thomas Jr. & Beatrice

Mackenzie & Honor

Eloise & Flint

Sagarika & Alistair

Zoe

Xavier 

I drove cheerfully with my overnight bag to Cameron's that day at noon after work. I was excited to do something normal, like host a dinner with my man and see Jake & Amy in a vanilla space. In a complicated way, I was looking forward to seeing Xavier too.