Chapter 11 ~ The Classic Mistake

❦ This is a THANKSGIVING BREAK SPECIAL as per @TiredBrooke's request 

❦ NFSW Content is ahead 

If I could find one word to describe how it feels to spend Saturday morning at Cameron's place, basking in the Autumn sunlight with a cup of his strong coffee, it would be serenity.

I poured into my journal while he was at the gym, as he does every Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. He offered me to join in but I asked to sleep in.

I had tiptoed out of his muggy sheets from the morning rain. The damp air blowing through the window he left open chilled me to the bone. I could smell the wet leaves. It reminded me of the day I first woke up here. 

To my surprise, he left me a protein pancake with a note. 

It read, "Good morning, princess. Here is some breakfast. I will see you around 8:00. xo"

His note reminded me of my father. Whenever Dad would go to work over my summer vacation, he would leave a hand-written message on the kitchen table for me. Something different every day as days spent with my younger siblings were often grueling. These notes are in the heart-shaped box among the others. 

I twirl around Cameron's flat like it's my own. I adore his grand window next to the dining table that overlooks the terrace and the lush garden he's cultivated. 

And the whole vicinity smells like him. 

Our week had been spent in our regular routines, with some coffee dates after work and another lavish dinner date last (Friday) night followed by another sleepover. In a wave of tipsiness the night before, he and I made soft plans that I would stay with him for the foreseeable future. 

Soon, I hear the back door rustle open as my pen glides across the page with my thoughts and feelings about the new reality I am living. 

 "Good morning," Mister says in his low voice.

"Hi," I close my journal quickly and tie up the front. "How was your workout?"

"Closing up your journal so I cannot look, Miss Alexa?" Cameron appears behind me and wraps an arm around my shoulder, as though we are an old married couple.

"Tough luck if you think I'm going to let you read it."

"Oh, I think I can convince you someday. Your mind is absolutely fascinating. You should give your dom what he wants, you know," he pulls his shirt off and throws his dirty training shirt at me. 

"You're disgusting," I tease and throw the shirt back at him but it falls to the floor.

"Oh, but now I can discipline you for throwing my shirt on the ground. That's just rude," he smirks playfully. "And under any other circumstance, I would punish you for such misbehavior of throwing my things." 

"You threw it first."

"I'm the dom," he folds his arms and gives me a playful stern look. 

I say nothing more. I just stand up and put my hands on his abdomen. I cannot take my eyes off him while he's shirtless and in grey sweatpants like this.

"That's a good girl," he says, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me off the ground.

"And thank you for the pancake and the note," I kiss his cheek as I stay high up in his arms. "I quite liked them both."

He takes me by the hand to the master bedroom, "Would you like to shower with me?"

"Yes, sir."

"When this shower is over, I have to call one of my clients. After I am done with my phone call, I will be more than happy to go on a walk with you as you suggested. How does that sound?"