"Alright, something must be seriously troubling you. You would have said 'I have a nice view right now too' at this point, but you're all quiet. Spill," Ryujin sighed, locking eyes with Beomgyu.

Beomgyu pursed his lips, he really didn't know where to start. They've known each other for a few months now, but it was more like a surface relationship. They joked and teased one another often, but this was probably the first time they had a serious talk.

"My sister had a breakdown in front of me just now, because of the SAT. I don't know, it just made me realise how neglected she must feel. Our mother died when she was just one, and our dad left us last year. Our older brother also went abroad for his studies with his girlfriend recently. So it's just us two.

I really try my best for her, I do. But I don't always have time to spend with her. My work-life balance is practically nonexistent, and it's hard being financially stable while giving the life Yun-Jae wants at the same time."

Beomgyu leans back, a heavy sigh leaving his lips after saying all of that. He looked over to Ryujin, who stared at the grass in front of them as she processed his words, licking her ice cream.

"It's really admirable what you do, Beomgyu. I have trouble just coping by taking care of myself but you're taking care of someone else along with your own business. Not many people can achieve that, especially at this age.

I mean, we have to sacrifice some things to make life bearable. There's no such thing as a perfect life, and it's hard finding a balance sometimes. I mean, I love my job but because of it I feel incredibly lonely. I sacrificed my social life for work, and I do still question if it was worth it in the end. But it was a decision I made, and I should stick to it or else all these years would have been a waste of time.

Doesn't mean you have to focus solely on work, though. I've been working on my social life a bit more now, and although I definitely won't say I can have a balance between work and life, it's still progress.

You have a team. You, Eunbi and Mark. You shouldn't feel solely responsible for the whole cafe. You have two co-owners, who look more than happy to help you out. You guys have been friends for long, I'm sure they wouldn't mind working something out so you can spend more time on Yun-Jae.

And you have me too. If there's anything you need help with, or you just need to rant, you can always just drop a text. I might not always be available since competition season is coming soon, but don't feel obliged to keep your feelings to yourself.

You've done a lot for me already, it's time for me to repay it to you,"

Ryujin gave a small smile to Beomgyu, as if she didn't drop the most motivational speech Beomgyu's heard in a while just now. Beomgyu reciprocated the smile, sitting up as he continued to eat his popsicle.

"That was a really motivational speech. You've done this before, haven't you?"
"Just eat your popsicle,"

And then it was gone again. The joking atmosphere was back, but it was definitely a step further into their relationship. The first stepping stone.

"By the way, I'm playing a match soon. Do you want to come?"
"Can I? Will it be obvious that we know each other?"
"Nah, we can just meet outside in an alleyway or something and go back home together?"
"Sounds spicy,"

Beomgyu laughed out loud when Ryujin pushed him, and soon both of them were laughing together. They were quick to shut up once Beomgyu realised that his sister was still in the house and they sat in comfortable silence while finishing up their popsicle.

"I've always been curious, but are the way celebrities are in real life and on tv different?"
"I mean I can't speak for everyone, but for a lot of people there will always be some difference. I mean, I'm perceived as some kind of cold fencer, but really, I'm just a really awkward person who hates social interaction."
"Is it true you can speak French though?"
"Oui,"