Out of your heart.

"Wait so no one checked the car seat?" Alaia asked the medics in a panic.

She stood in the ER but she knew the accident had just happened and it was a block away from the hospital.

"Where is Chance?" She said and they looked at her confused.

She didn't know why but the moment they said no she took off running.

It was obvious where the accident was as she looked up the street at the police cars taping off the scene of the accident.

It was night so it was dark but the lights on the street and from the police cars lit the street up.

Alaia noticed three cars that were involved in the wreck, one of them was Diamonds and it was flipped over on its side.

"There's a baby in the car.." She said nearly out of breath as she pointed to the car.

The police on the scene were still taking notes as she waved at them.

They looked at her like she was crazy.

"There's a baby in the car!" She yelled.

"We are waitin on more medics and-" One of the officers started and she ignored him as she ran for Diamond's car.

Most people couldn't hear what she was hearing not with the traffic but she was sure that she was hearing Chance's cries even more so as she got closer.

As she stood she heard the faint cries.

Alaia dropped to her knees looking into the bent car and there was Chances' car seat.

It had flipped and she couldnt see him exactly but she heard him.

"Hey lil man im goin to get you out." She said as she reached for the handle.

The door seemed to be jammed.

The officers hadn't even bothered to help until Chance's cries got louder and they turned looking at Alaia fighting the car.

By the time they jumped into action it was too late as Alaia was kicking the remainder of the window out.

"Ma'am-" One of the officers started.

"Move you werent even goin to fuckin help." She said irritated before leaning down and looking into the back.

Alaia cleared the glass as she climbed through and grabbed the car seat.

She realized she couldnt pull it out so instead she sat the car seat down and unstrapped Chance.

"You're fine." She said trying to calm him.

He cried hard as he held onto her and she did the same.

Alaia imagined how scared he must have been as he clung to her.

As she climbed out of the flipped car she immediately looked Chance over.

"His mom was the one taken to the hospital." She said as the medics arrived.

They swept Chance out of her arms but she stayed with the medics as he continued to stick his arms out for her as he cried.

"Please make sure he's okay." Alaia followed.
———————————————————————————-
"So much for that steak huh?" Teana said as Chosen walked in.

He looked tired.

in between checking on Teana and Chloe, he looked how he felt.

Shortly after Chosen walked in Alaia did the same.