Word around town

Alaia told herself to let the day ride out but she couldn't help but feel something was off. 

She had a habit of revealing her own problems and didn't want to go digging for trouble, not the day after she agreed to them being together. 

She had accepted Chosen had come with a past and would come with baggage but she had feelings for Chosen.

After she stopped at her mother's house to change Alaia made her way to her cousin's house that wasn't too far away. 

"Ugh why you makin that face?"Teana said as she braided Mia's hair. 

Mia sat in her chair wearing a pair of gucci slides, basketball shorts, and a sports bra. 

Alaia figured that wasn't to surprising around their way since girls didn't actually dress up unless their hair was done. 

Alaia wasn't dressed up but she was dressed. 

Her plain attire was all name-brand. She rocked her Jordan retros in a simple pair of black shorts and a Tommy Hilfiger tank top. She figured her cousin could braid her hair so instead of styling it she rocked in a bun pulled to the back after she had detangled it.

Alaia figured that Teana expected her to take longer as she looked at the gawking Mia who sat in Teana's chair.

Teana was a woman of many trades and one of them so happened to be hair.

As expected Eli supported Teana so in the back of their new house he had one of the rooms done. It looked like an actual salon. There were ceiling-to-floor windows,  big mirrors, amazing lighting and he even had a customized sink installed. 

Really it was because it was going to be their forever home and he felt like it was the least he could do since it could double as her makeup room.

Eli had never felt indebted to anyone but he felt like as many times as Teana saved him just by loving like she did he wanted to give her the world. 

He changed his whole life making sure the promise of being with her forever was a guarantee. 

They both had lost so much and been through even more that in this lifetime he was going to make sure she got the happiness she deserved, especially if it was up to him.

"Just in my thoughts." Alaia said.

Mia in the chair obviously had a staring problem

Alaia felt her eyes glued on her the entire time. 

Teana didn't notice it til a few minutes ago since she had been so focused on finishing her hair but with all the damn mirrors around it was hard not to see her staring. 

Teana figured Mia would at least be cordial.

"We almost done. Ima grab the hot water and mousse." Teana said trying to wrap up as soon as she could. 

"So you Chose baby momma right?" Mia asked as Teana finished her last braid. 

Alaia looked at her and could tell by the look on her face that she had a problem. 

"Excuse me-" Teana said stopping mid-stride to the water kettle. 

"Na, T. Im good." Alaia said before rolling her eyes and looking at Mia in front of her. 

She was a bit bigger but she was the about the same size as her. 

"Yea I am." She said looking at her. 

"Messy." Mia rolled her eyes looking at her grabbing her phone.

"Oh so what you tha original, tha fake one or wannabe?" Mia asked texting on her phone before glancing back up at her.