I held my head with both my hands.

It was all too stressful...

What do I do?

How do I get out of all this mess?

I closed my eyes again.

'I was serious when I said I'd protect you,' Matthew's words swirled in my brain and I softly looked up.

He said he could protect me from Zhou-Lin... Wouldn't that mean he could protect me from 'them' too?

I wrapped my arms around my knees.

But why?

Why would he do all that?

Just why? And how? They killed my brother and then they killed my father... It would be too much for Matthew to deal with them too! Plus, I shouldn't be burdening my boss with my problems... But he wants to... For some reason...

I keep hurting him and he still wants to help me? I shook my head. I can't believe a man so good exists. From day one I've been hurting him, and he keeps coming for my aid.

My heart squeezed at the thoughts and I felt my chest get heavy.

Can I trust him?

***

>>Matthew

I came down after taking a hot shower and changing clothes. Clio was still in the bath while Azef was watching TV. Her words blew a hole in my chest and I can't feel my wolf at the moment.

He seemed to have put himself in a dark corner. It took a lot of effort not to lash out at her. She's already disturbed enough...

At least she apologized, her apology calmed me and my wolf a little but the damage has been done. It won't be going away so easily.

I can't take it out here.

Maybe I should go on a hunt.

"What's this I'm hearing about her door not being there?" I walked to the three-seater couch.

"Oh," Azef smirked, "I took out the door."

"Why would you do that?" I shook my head at him as I sat down on the other edge of the couch, leaving the seat between us empty.

"Because you said to make sure he- Ah! Sorry, She doesn't stay there." He shrugged, "So I took out the door."

She...

"It's bothering me."

"What? That I took out the door? I thought it was a pretty good idea. And she ended up here anyway-"

"No," I stopped him, "About her hiding her identity."

"Hmmm," He folded his arms, "It does make one curious." He stared at the TV screen, "Does it have anything to do with her bullies?"

"I doubt it," I replied, "But there seems to be some Mafia involvement in her life."

"Right, Because her father was killed," He nodded, "And so was her sister," I had asked Azef to give me a detailed report on her background, "Which would actually mean it was her brother." So that is why he's aware of this all, "That would be the only way to get away with changing identity. To assume the one already there while pretending to be dead yourself."

I nodded, "But why?" I looked at Azef, "Did you find out anything about who was involved in those killings?"

He shook his head, "For now," He glanced at me, "Nothing," He looked back at the screen while a commercial was playing, "Oh, isn't that the new actor," He kept his eyes on the ad, "He's been getting quite famous recently. He's coming to City A for shooting."

My mind was focused on Clio's situation so I didn't bother giving any attention to the man in the ad.

"Don't you recognize him, Matt?" Azef smirked and I looked back at the TV Screen.

"Ah," It took me a moment, "It's Somi's son."

"Murim," Azef called his name, "It's funny, out of all things he could have gone for, he went to be an actor." I didn't care, but Azef found it ironic, "If anything about his family gets out, he'll be out of the picture immediately." He let out a snicker, "That would be hilarious."

Not that I care. Somi and his family are full of degenerate people. It's best to steer clear of them. They tend to cause a lot of trouble.

While I was having my own thoughts a breaking News segment took over

Oh

"Turn the volume on," I asked and he complied.

"Everyone was skeptical about why and how the CCTV footage of the Head Hunter got released and the police were in a panic." The news anchor was making her report, "But it turned out for the best since the public decided to do their own research and handed in some more footages that show the direction the serial killer is coming from."

We both watched the News quietly, "As you can see here, this person dressed in all black," The footage began to play which showed a man in all black calmly walking through the street carrying a shopping bag, "Apparently he seems to be coming from the direction of sector E-6,"

"What the hell," Azef turned his head to look at me.

"What he was doing there or where he was before this," The reporter stated, "We still have no idea. So far this is the only lead we have."

"What?" I kept my eyes on the screen.

"What do you mean, 'what?'" He shook his head at me, "I can recognize you anywhere." He pointed at the screen, "That's you,"

"Many places in E-6 have no CCTV cameras, so there's a pretty slim chance of finding out where he was exactly."

"And?" I watched the news unamused.

"Sector E-6 is where Chris lives, what were you trying to pull here?" He asked but that's when we both heard the sound of footsteps approaching.

"...."

"...."

"Connect the dots yourself," I replied and looked back. Clio was walking over, wearing the oversized hoodie I gave her.

The moment she saw me she flinched and then paused

"Oh! Um," She looked nervous. Her gaze went down and she fiddled with her thumbs, "Can I talk with you?" She looked adorable. Her view in my clothes, with steam puffing out of her skin and her being shy was healing to my wolf.

Heh

A woman,

My woman,

I stood up and walked over to her.

'What will you do if she finds out what you did,' Azef linked his mind with mine

'She won't find out,'

'What if she wants to leave you,'

'It won't happen,' I replied, 'Now that she's here, I'm not going to let her leave.'

Things were different when I didn't know her gender. But not now,

She's mine

I won't let her leave. And it doesn't matter what I have to do to keep her.

***

>>Harou

Why would the killer come from the direction where the victim's family live? Did he plan on leaving the head there first? Because that is not where the murder took place. The headless body was found without any signs of being moved.

I watched the clip over and over again, along with the other few but nothing was special in them except him walking from Sector E-6 towards the A.M building.

Matthew is suspicious here. He scheduled a Saturday meeting, which has never happened before, but I have no proof to convict him.

Am I wrong?

Or do I need to visit that place?