35 - It will always be you

Start from the beginning

While we still needed to keep a watchful eye on her for any potential complications, the news of her condition being fine was a welcome respite from the fear and anxiety we had experienced earlier.

Freen was admitted to the hospital and still unconscious. My mother arrived at the hospital to serve as her initial guardian, stepping in while the Chankimhas made their way to England.

Throughout the night, I remained steadfast at Freen's bedside. Despite the pleas from concerned family members and friends to take a break and rest, I simply couldn't bring myself to leave her side.

In the moments when fatigue finally caught up with me, I would doze off while still holding Freen's hand, my fingers gently caressing hers. Even in those fleeting moments of rest, my connection to her was unbroken, a silent promise to be there when she awoke.

_________________

Freen's POV

The brilliant morning sunlight jolted me awake, and I was greeted by a pounding headache.

As I slowly opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Becky, her hand wrapped around mine as she leaned on the edge of the hospital bed. The sterile environment around me made it clear that I was in the hospital. Gently turning my gaze to the side, I noticed my sister and Richie fast asleep on a nearby couch.

I attempted to withdraw my hand with utmost care, not wanting to disturb Becky's sleep, but my efforts were in vain as she stirred awake.

Becky's eyes fluttered open, her grip on my hand loosening slightly. "You're awake," she said, her voice tinged with concern. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess," I replied shortly. Events from yesterday flooded back, the image of her with Billy haunting my thoughts.

Irene stirred awake as well, her eyes widening with concern as she quickly made her way to my bedside.

"Are you okay, Freen? Does anything hurt?" My sister asked, worry etched across her face, as she examined my condition.

"My head feels like it's about to explode," I replied with a frown, wincing from the persistent headache.

"I'll call the doctor," Richie declared, reaching for the door to seek medical assistance.

As Richie call for the doctor, Becky and Irene continued to provide comfort and support, their concern evident in their eyes. I leaned back against the hospital pillows, hoping that the doctor's arrival would bring relief from my throbbing headache.

While waiting for the doctor, I couldn't help but feel awkward with Becky in the room, given the recent events. We found ourselves in added a layer of tension to the air. I tried to focus on my headache and the impending medical evaluation to distract from the unease that hung between us.

Despite the unease, I couldn't deny that Becky's concern for my well-being provided a comforting feeling.

The ache of yearning for Becky still coursed through me, an undying flame of love that no amount of alcohol or the current headache could extinguish. My heart, like a prisoner to its own desires, longed for her passionately. The situation was a swirl of romantic tension and dramatic uncertainty, a complex dance of emotions that left me entrapped in a storm of longing and love.

My contemplations were abruptly halted as the doctor arrived, stepping into the room and breaking the spell of emotions that had enveloped me.

The doctor proceeded to conduct a series of tests and asked several questions. After careful examination, he prescribed medications that held the promise of relief from the persistent pain in my head.