55: SISIKEL BANE💝

This chapter is dedicated to
@spelunkadunk

.
.
.
.
.

...55...

SISIKEL BANE💝

She was told by Vura that the emperor sought her presence in the receiving area. She had thought that something had happened and had asked her aides. Xiera had then proceeded to assure her that there was actually no problem and it was only the empress dowager who had come to the royal manor and was raising dust, determined to see the lady that the emperor had married, rendering the atmosphere tense. The maid, Hyeera had went on to prepare her for the meeting in a blaze, putting her oxblood hair into thin curls, frounces and applying cosmetics to her neck and face. She helped her into a a puce lucent dress that she herself had chosen the night before. And when she was all done, her escorts led her to their destination with Xiera leading the way and Vura pulling up the rear. They journeyed out of his quarters and to the stairs. She saw him then, waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs.

'Come Mine,' he urged her.

'I am coming,' she told him as she descended the stairs and went to him. The emperor received her at the end of the stairs with a radiant smile and took her hand, leading her into the receiving area.

'Just imagine that she is mad,' he whispered to her as they approached the empress dowager. It took everything within her not to giggle at his comment.

'I shall,' she assured him. 'How shall I address her?' she mock whispered to him. He stared at her in amusement.

'Your highness?' he told her with a nonchalant shrug.

'Ah I see, your highness,' she said with only a slight dip of her head. The emperor dowager stared at her as if she were a gloze. It was then evident to her exactly why the emperor did not like this woman. She was the one he had told her about once before. She too didn't like the woman on sight. She stared at the ornate woman till it would be considered rude. Her froufrou was corpulent, dandiacal.

'You say that she is your wife?' she asked with snobbish upturned nose. 'And who may she be?'

'That is something that you need not know for you are not the one who wed her,' he all but snapped at her, earning himself a death glare.

'How could you wed a woman without informing me?!' she screamed at him. 'If you wanted her so much, you should have waited until you at least got an empress!'

'I do not need an empress. I have got her by my side.'

'You dare say! Nothing is known of this lady that you have chosen to harbour in your royal manor. She could be some kind of spy. She could have been sent, any sort of assassin. She could actually murder you in your sleep, in the royal bed chamber, on the bed that you both share!'

'Why do you like to bear the burden of others martyr? And of course you would definitely know much about that, would you not?' he asked her, coming to stand face to face with her in vie.

'First,' the little prince's voice came, breaking the staredown. 'Please, please leave her be.'

'Come on Little, allow me to spoon feed her some of her medicine,' he grumbled as the Little Prince came up to them with a small sigh.

'It has been so long First. Do not bring that up now, for my sake.'

'Alright,' the emperor said after a moment in resignation.

'Thank you,' the little prince expressed his gratitude. 'Well, I came as soon as your message reached me,' he informed him.

'I see.'