17: VURA👯

.
.
.
.
.
...17...

VURA👯

The air smelt totally nice when she aroused from her slumber. She sat up in bed and yawned, obviously feeling well rested. The fragrance in the bedroom had her thinking of roses. When she began to see roses, thousands of petals, she felt as if she were going insane. Like what the fuck?! She closed her eyes and opened them again and to the heaps of roses. She came out of the covers and reached for a petal. She touched it, felt it, smelt it. It was real.

She stood and scouted the room with her eyes. The roses were few in number compared to the heap at the door leading to the bathroom. She went to check it out and sure enough, there were myriads of rose petals there. Who placed all of those there? And where was she when it was being done? Was it after she had gone to bed or before? She stood, thinking. Wait, come to think of it, she had no recollection of the night before. She only remembered going into the bathroom and taking a warm bath without Hyeera's supervision. The healer had waited for her in the room then? She wasn't entirely sure of it. She tried hard once again to remember but she could not recall either coming out of the bath or going into bed. She shrugged, not wanting to over think and then she realized that she could not feel the weight of her hair. That was unusual.

She reached up slowly and touched her head only to discover that it had been put into a tight but comfortable knot. She knew that knot. It was the beast's. He had been with her. He must have been the one who put her to bed. But, what were the thousands of rose petals for? She could not stop thinking about that at all. She decided to go and ask about it.

She got out of the bathroom and made for the bedroom door intending to ask Xiera and then find Hyeera and ask her to confirm it all. Well, that may not be necessary because they never told her lies anyways. She opened the bedroom door and stepped out slowly. The first thing her eyes saw was Cora who was sitting on the floor by the door, hand at the hilt of her sword, looking up at her.

'Cora,' she said, wondering why the warrior was here instead of Xiera. It was quite unusual, wasn't it? Oh who was she asking that question? But truthfully, everything seemed quite unusual this morning.

'My Lady,' Cora said standing to her feet and paying obeisance to her. She removed her hands from her sword. 'I'm sorry My Lady. I heard you coming.'

'I wasn't startled. Where is Xiera?' she asked looking around for the red haired warrior.

'She is on an errand My Lady for the emperor. She shall soon return,' she said to her.

'Ah! Okay, I see,' she said to her as the disappointment shrouded her face very quickly. It was so because she needed urgent answers from Xiera. Her face lit up again after but a moment. There was still Hyeera to do that, wasn't there? She looked at Cora who looked like she was waiting for an order from her. 'Please get me Hyeera,' she simply told her. She nodded at her.

'Yes My Lady,' she said with a smile and left to do so. For some reason, the smile made her seem different to her. She watched her keenly as she left to get Hyeera. She also noticed that her aura and demeanor was also different. She wondered why the change had occurred. Mayhap it was because the warrior was not around the stolid emperor. She went into the bedroom to await Hyeera.

Hyeera arrived moments later -after she was through with cleaning her entire mouth- alongside her breakfast and two assisting maids. She noticed that Hyeera -but not the other two- was not surprised to see the heaps of roses. Hyeera dismissed them all the moment that the breakfast table was properly set. She sat down and helped herself to the food quickly because she was hungry.